Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Chain Snail

Just to save me more fiddling around, can some one please photograph which way around the chain adjusting snail goes on the nearside? I thought I had it on the correct way, but I am not sure and there are no photos anywhere that I can see being either obscured by the panniers or not drawn correctly in the manual. ? thanks

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Chain Snail

I seem to remember this coming up recently.
Anyway I have noted the following:"Rear wheel adjusting cam: fit the cam so that the chain is tightened when the cam is turned anti clockwise to avoid interfering with the rear stand when the wheel is adjusted back towards its full movement"
Hope this helps
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

hi Pete, it does certainly help .but if there is a photo anywhere it would add to the clarity. I am a simple chap you know!!

Andrew I can't help with a picture at this time. But a lot of us have fitted the bloody thing up side down.
As Pete said the rotation to tighten the chain is anti clockwise.
With that in mind you should be able to work it out that the snail is positioned so that as you turn it against the stop, it will move the wheel to the rear. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

thanks Ron. To be honest, I have already come to the conclusion that i have it on the wrong way, but before I stripped the wheel out again, I just wanted to be sure. Anyway, I will go ahead and swop it the correct way. Worse things happen at sea

Nieuwe pagina 1