Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Classic dealers in the London Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

Here are some of the classic bike dealers and venues in the London Low Emissions Zone.

Russell Motors, Ace Café, Ace Classics, Reg Allen Motorcycles, The London Motorcycle Museum, and The Motorcycle Shop. Many of the other dealers have closed over the past few years. Fred Warr's Harley Davidson in both Kings Road and Mottingham is also in the zone. Clarkes Classics in Dartford is comfortably outside the zone. Kempton Park, it seems, is just outside the zone. But check.

Remember, older diesel-engined light vans (1 tonne kerbside/3.5 tonne GVW REGISTERED before 1st Jan 2002) could be subject to a £100 per day charge if they stray from the M25 into the Greater London Area.

So if you deliver or collect a bike using your older diesel van, you're going to have to factor in higher costs.

If you can add to the list of classic bike dealers, please do. I'm trying to find out exactly who is affected. If you can add information to the Low Emmissions Zone, or highlight errors in understanding, please do.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Classic dealers in the London Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

and it would cost you an extra £100 on your lunch if the services are on the london side of the M25

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

Re: Classic dealers in the London Low Emissions Zone (LEZ)

Roger, I'm not sure, but I suspect that that wouldn't be the case. I think the M25 and the services are exempt from the Low Emissions Zone charge.

In fact, there are some areas/districts squarely within the M25 that aren't in the zone, hence the reason you can still visit Kempton Park without paying the £100 a day tax on your pre-2002 diesel van* - as long as you approach Kempton from the right direction.

* 1 tonne kerbside weight/3.5 tonnes GVW

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Nieuwe pagina 1