Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pannier carrier

I have the impression that there are two models of the carrier: with the bridge to attach the pillion seat, and without it.
If this is true: on what models/years were the latter fitted?

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Pannier carrier

I don't thing the bridge tube was ever omitted Hans? A similar carrier was made for the B30 without the bridge as a bum pad was used.
It's my understanding that the first pattern M20 carrier had two drop down L brackets to attach to the mudguard. These were deleted on later carriers. Also the tube that these are fixed too was sometimes a flat bar. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Yes, I think Ron is right..without the bridge on the carrier you can't fit the M20 pillion seat correctly. I am not aware of any other M20 pillion seats that were 'production fitted'..or a standard pattern rack without the bridge.
However, I did notice on E Bay a while back that the 'exact' replica Indian rack has the bridge missing...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Have one without the bridge but you can clearly see where there was one once.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hello Hans

Sorry to jump in, i have the same scenario as Henri someone has removed the bridge anyone got measurements for the two brackets or top of the guard to topside of the bridge apex ?

Regards
Mike H

email (option): michael.stewart@homecall.co.uk

Hi Mike...If you ask Jan he might make you the missing pieces..he replicates the whole carrier so will have all the right dimensions and the correct materials...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian

Thanks for the info I will drop Jan a line and keep my fingers crossed.

Regards

Mike H

email (option): michael.stewart@homecall.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1