Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hello there and help

Hello there people! I know it's been awhile, so I hope everyone is well.
all good on my end if anyone cares....LOL

What I am in need of is someone in the Netherlands or nearby who can help me find a shipping crate. I am looking for one of the modern types that are kind of a metal frame and then covered in cardboard. as you might have guessed i want to ship the M20 to the US.

if anyone can help me out with this I would very appreciative.

for now, everyone stay warm and healthy!

BeSt regArds,

Eric

email (option): BSAWM20@gmail.com

Re: hello there and help

If you can find a Harley Davidson or Honda dealer, or any motorcycle dealer...they often have crates such as you need, which are scrapped and hauled away. You should be able make just about any bike fit...might have to do a bit of disassembly such as ft wheel, fender, handlebars.

Good luck.

JDE

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Hi Eric good to hear from you. When we shipped my Harley XA from the States to UK, the bloke who sold it to me, got such a crate from a local Honda dealer. They were happy to give it away. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi, as far as I know the Harley crates are now metal framed, but they are now returnable, they used to be made of wood and cardboard and were none returnable

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi Eric,

Don't use anything with wood!! The US customs don't accept this anymore, and it will not be let into the country!! (unless you use certified wood)

A mate will have to ship some bikes in 2012, but they go to Texas.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Eric

Because of waste disposal regulations many manufacturers have now got to ship in special returnable transport crates - bikes secured with quick release straps. If shipped in crates as in years past, manufacturers are then legally obliged to dispose of as well

I have made enquiries with people I know, they are looking into this for me, it's possible the original factory crates are centrally disposed of at logistics centres

Is gent very far from you ?

Let me know before I dig too far !!

Bet regards

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Ironically, I tried to ship some spares over to the states in a box that was attached to a pallet that I got from the Harley shop that was shipped from the USA, not Europe. when I sent it, the courier wouldn't accept it on the grounds that it was not from a sustainable source! I thought they would gladly accept it as a form of recycling, especially as it was originally from the USA. So out I went and got another pallet and put it on that, which presumably had to be cut down and had a production cost and carbon footprint. I think it's strange that they refuse to accept what they originally sent to the UK.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi dave

It's a strange world sometimes - I have had many issues such as this in times past - countless hours of wasted time -

The whole word of recycling & responsibilities costs millions behind the scenes - unless you comply - you're out of business - its a joke & all dreamt up by desk jockeys

Anyway kempton park tomorrow - so apply days :-)

Jo'b

Maybe before I ship, I need to melt down all the bikes and start over?
thanks for the insight though...
hope everyone is well!

Eric

email (option): BSAWM20@gmail.com

Hi Eric

Have checked for you, no conventional shipping crates used anymore, all recycled these days & returned to factories for re-use

Job

Nieuwe pagina 1