Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight rim needed please

Can anyone sell me or point me in the right direction for a correct headlight rim for my headlight please?

Photobucket

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Headlight rim needed please

thanks for the prompt repoly, however, is that correct? I thought they were 7 inch, I have not measured. And of course thats chrome which is not ideal?

Careful Andrew, thats another shit indian version, the roll on the front is the wring shape as they are made to take both flat and domed glass!
I managed to track down some NOS black ones in the USA for Draganfly.They are a bit pricy though, £28.22+ the usual. Pt.No. 516218. Theres 4 left.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

I have a new old stock rim for a 6" headlamp for you if you want. It's black but needs new paint.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

thanks guys, Should they be black then? I have seen that the blackout rims always seem to be black but was not aware the standard rim was black? Its confusing stuff this!!

Andrew, A few years ago I unpacked a NOS du42, headlamp with no electrics,and rim with glass had a cork gasket with a reflector, the brass rim was painted jet black, dated late 1944 Its still in original green very flat paint. and on the bike today still as found. Too original to repaint, andrew.h. PS, the bikes looking good,

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

I recently bought a NOS rim which is black..and have had one before. They are frequently visible in wartime photos, though that colour wasn't universally used...(it's never that simple )...For the M20 NOS speedo drive units and girder fork side damper springs have both come my way in a black finish, but also turn up (NOS) unpainted in the case of the drives or OD in the case of the springs....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

thanks Andrew and thanks Ian. I have now managed to secure an example in black, from Henk, and it shows once more what a superb forum this is. I am a member of lots of car/bike/mv forums and this one is right up there. Thanks for the comments AH. Hope to see you running around Kent with it soon.

Hi all

Like Andrew I'm also looking for a new rim having had it "adjusted " by the travelling community during the summer

Doesn't have to be new, just straight and useable

Many thanks

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

I think I may need a headlight also. This is the one that is fitted but it seems a little too small for the rim, and also wrong style. Can anyone help me with the correct style or supply of same please?

Photobucket

Nieuwe pagina 1