Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Valve train parts needed

I have a BARE cylinder and need a few parts, I found valves, cotters and intake guide on e-bay but still need-
Springs
Collars
Exhaust guide.
And a set of head bolts for an alloy head.

Anybody sitting on spares, that you want to trade/sell, let me know,
thanks, Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Valve train parts needed

VV,

Sorry that I have nothing to offer you in the way of needed parts, but I have to ask.... what is the difference in head bolts between those used with the iron head and the alloy head?

Please advise...

Cheers,

JDE

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

The alloy head uses two different lengths of bolt, where the iron head bolts are all the same length.
I've never ordered from Draganfly or Russells, probably due to order some stuff soon if nobody has any surplus laying about.. and wants some extra Christmas cash in their Paypal..
Cheers, Vince

The alloy heads use 10 bolts that are the same length as the five longer ones fitted to the iron head. Torque values are the same for the alloy head bolts as the iron type..Spark plug should be a Champion N5C and it is best to check the plug thread, timing plug thread and that the gasket face is flat before fitting. The alloy heads are more subject to distortion..though not particularly prone to it..You will find they do run cooler, the warm uptime is definitely longer in the colder weather..and they transmit a little more mechanical noise...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
The alloy heads use 10 bolts that are the same length as the five longer ones fitted to the iron head. Torque values are the same for the alloy head bolts as the iron type..Spark plug should be a Champion N5C and it is best to check the plug thread, timing plug thread and that the gasket face is flat before fitting. The alloy heads are more subject to distortion..though not particularly prone to it..You will find they do run cooler, the warm uptime is definitely longer in the colder weather..and they transmit a little more mechanical noise...Ian

Mr. Wright, Many thanks for your information and insights regarding alloy vs. iron heads.

Cheers,

JDE

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Ian Wright

Thanks Ian for the correction- I had it backwards on the bolts
I have a used alloy head that I bought from Henk, then found this engine headless and intend to use it with alloy head. The cylinder was stripped clean, but it has a +.040 bore, on replaceable liner. I have a liner, new standard piston, new valves and intake guide, , in short I'm just a few pieces short of a complete rebuild on the top end..
Vince

I didn't notice your error Vincent. ...I just posted info relating to the alloy head out of general interest....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1