Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless G3L for sale

What do you think of this Matchless, are there a lot of parts missing? How much would you pay for it?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm really tempted...

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: Matchless G3L for sale

Where is the bike located ie country, are the numbers correct,ref, orchard and maddens book for the info, with the cap off gearbox high risk lots of rust inside expensive to fix, is the engine siezed ? as it looks very rusty, bike looks mosly there, speedo looks knackered,wrong headlight , good luck, andrew h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

The bike is in Greece, not far from where I live. Haven't contacted the seller yet so don't know her numbers... wanted to have some opinions first!

Kostas, I'd be reluctant to attempt a value from here! It depends how much corrosion has taken place and if the tin ware is actually savable? Let alone how much work is required to the engine and gearbox. If the numbers are correct.....just try and buy it cheap.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

kostas,As Ron says, if the numbers are right, take a chance, but over here UK,its worth more as a breaker if the tin ware is good, I would buy it, ,but in greeece,in todays climate 3 or four hundred euros perhaps, take care look it over well, Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

He was asking 2.000 euros a month ago, 1.500 a week ago and 850 euros this morning...

Kostas.
I think £8-50p would be nearer the mark, then you could always use it as a fishing weight, or garden orniment.

TTJohn

Well at least he's seen sense. 850 is not unrealistic. Even if the tin ware is bad the bike could make at least that by breaking it. Frame,forks,hubs,engine and probably lots of other serviceable parts. If the tank is not rotted out it could make £200-£300 alone. Try him at 500! Ron

I think the bike probably looks a lot worse than it is..Most of it looks pretty solid and most of it is there...I reckon if it was stripped and blasted you would have mainly usable parts...At 850 Euros I would say it was a good buy...it would be more than that in the UK....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I could use the frame, forks, steering head and rear wheel!

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I have a frame for you....and a rear wheel.....

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

That's a beautiful looking project. It will surely keep you busy for a year or 2 i would buy it. but like the others say, the less you pay for it the more you have left your parts a paint

email (option): kschaank@hotmail.com

That looks a good project from the photos, in a genuine condition. A few bits not correct as pointed out but at the right price it would be a shame to walk away. If you want any photos to compare against mine drop me a line. Kostas, I think the bike has found a home

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

some people would say its only scrap but id give it a go at 500
barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

ΕΙΜΑΙ ΑΠΟ ΕΛΛΑΔΑ ΚΑΙ ΕΧΩ ΕΝΑ MATCHLESS G3L 350cc ΔΕΣ ΤΟΥ ΑΡΙΘΜΟΥΣ ΝΑ ΣΟΥ ΠΩ ΤΟ ΜΟΝΤΕΛΟ

email (option): vespamaxxlv@yahoo.gr

Google translate:
I AM FROM GREECE AND I HAVE ONE MATCHLESS G3L 350cc SEE THE NUMBERS SAY TO YOUR MODEL (???)

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

όλα είναι ελληνικά για μένα

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

ανόητος !

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

It's all double Dutch to me. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1