Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
16H question

Could someone please measure the exact distance between the 2 tyre pump mountings on the petrol tank, from point to point. I had to make 1 and weld it on and I'm not sure it's correct now. I've just bought an original pump and it's too long to fit
Thanks

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Re: 16H question

376mm clear between the tips on mine, no guarantee that anything is original spec ex India though.

email (option): braunz@paradise.net.nz

My tank is original and measures exactly 15" between points. I think the pumps range from 11"-17" with different amounts of compression, depending on manufacturer. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

15" is 38cm, so about the same as Ian's
Mine is 14,75" or 37,5cm and an original Norton pump fits.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks for your replies, mine is 376mm or about 14 3/4" as well, the pump is 15" compressed and wont fit. So thankfully I've welded the bracket in the right place, looks like I've bought the wrong pump.
I wish I had done it 15" Ron.

I just remembered the post Matt Leahy posted showing a Norton pump

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1190453&cmd=show

On there he says the pump is 14 1/2" so I've got a really nice 15" Thapex Apex pump with a 12" original tube and folding foot stand if anyone has one to swap?

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

The Pre-war type under-tank pump is officially 15" but it needs to be compressible to just under that in order to fit.

Those fitted on the rear chainguard may be a different length and the Wideline Featherbed pumps were certainly longer.

Nieuwe pagina 1