Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 rear hub

Bit of a long shot this, but my recently acquired 1937 B25 project turns out to have a (what I've been told is an) M20 rear hub instead of the smaller B range type.
Anyone have the correct type for sale or swap? The type I need was fitted to all the B range pre-war, and the rigid B31 up to the late 1940s.
I would take the complete wheel if that's how it comes, and I require the brake drum too.
Thanks for any help.

email (option): kevin.sandford@ntlworld.com

Re: M20 rear hub

Hi Kev..Brake drums on the B Series wheels are riveted to the side of the hub so they generally come together. They were used on rigid models up till the end of the rigid frame option in (I think) 1953/4. My rigid 1951 B33 has the type you mention as did the WD B30 I recently restored. Brake plate styles vary slightly, as do the brake shoes (pre war ones were steel)and brake shoe springs. Wheel bearings are hard to find and expensive but they can be replaced with ball bearings with some internal modification to spacers etc. I have some steel brake shoes and a NOS rear drum, so if you find one with a worn sprocket/drum I can help out. What you are after is not a common wheel these days but they do turn up now and again....Ian

Re: M20 rear hub

Thanks for the help, Ian,and I'll bear your offer in mind.Cheers.

email (option): kevin.sandford@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1