Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear chain

Now that we are on the subject of chains: the standard rear chain has 95 links; doesn't need this a half link?
If you don't want that - perhaps a bit weaker - link, and go to 96 links, that would move the rear wheel half a link backwards? Or am I wrong?

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Rear chain

Keep in mind that the chain will stretch a bit too.

email (option): kschaank@hotmail.com

I really wouldn't worry about using a cranked half link on an M20. I've never heard of side plates shearing.

I've run a half link (99) on my Commando (21t gearbox sprocket) for the last twenty-five years and have never had a problem. Whilst no standard Commando ever produced the 60 bhp that the factory claimed, on the basis that one needs 30 bhp to exceed 100mph, I can confidently say that there is more power at the sprocket than even the best of the M20s !

I like to set the gearbox and then the rear wheel as far forward as possible when fitting new chains..this nearly always requires the use of a half link...
Like Rik I have never experienced a problem with them and wouldn't really expect to. I don't believe the manufacturers would deliberately have introduced a 'weak link' (or half link)....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1