Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rear Stand

Nearing the final stages of the restoration of my M20 and just came to putting back the rear stand . It has two rather mangles shouldered bolts with a fairly knackered thread on the end and a very thin nut each side. The end of the bolt has been centrepopped out to keep the nut on no doubt. Question is, should there be nuts here or is it because the thread has gone in the frame? thanks for the help.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Rear Stand

My WM has the thin nut on both the rear stand pivot bolts...no doubt to secure the bolt from loosening....pretty sure the all came with them; would need to check parts list.

Cheers,

JDE

(And, your bike looks to be going back together quite nicely...!)

email (option): teladelujo@msn.com

Hi Andrew...Yes the thin nuts should be there..thread is 5/16" cycle...Ian

Cheers Guys, well I think I need two new bolts then, and probably nuts as mine look pretty manky. I suppose its Russell Motors or Draganfly? thx

DME Circular B.147 "IMMEDIATE ACTION".

8/11/41 Bolt, rear stand, Lock-nut for bolt, rear stand.

I wonder what type of locknut it was?

And Andrew the bike is looking good

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

thanks Rob. Plenty still to do but its coming along now. Funnily enough the thing that is taxing me the most is where to get control cables which are good, long enough, high quality and FIT!

Andrew.I get mine from JJ Cables (Tom and Dave) 01926 651470.
Their cables are always a good quality. If there is a fit or length issue, they will always adjust them if you return them. But, throttle, mag, choke cables are pretty standard anyway. You would have to discuss with them, whether the carb cables are adjusted at the carb or mid cable etc. and size of twit grip nipple. They are always helpful and knowledgeable. Tom's welsh humour is best dealt with, with the same amount of sarcasm as he gives.

Ron

PS. please insert this 'S' in the appropriate place as per Rik's post

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron Pier
... and size of twit grip nipple. Ron

'Twit grip nipple' ? Is that held by the nut that holds the handlebars ?

Ha, mine certainly has a Twit grip throttle! thx Guys,

Nieuwe pagina 1