Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Forum picture, the one showing Rik pushing his Norton, when Riks Norton broke down.

A bit cruel putting up that picture of Rik with his broken down Norton I feel, was this the last time Rik broke down on his Norton or the time before when Rik broke down on his Norton?

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: New Forum picture, the one showing Rik pushing his Norton, when Riks Norton broke down.

It happens to everyone occassionally..less occassionally if you have an M20 admittedly ..Ian

Re: New Forum picture, the one showing Rik pushing his Norton, when Riks Norton broke down.

It's why I always carry this important piece of equipment in my tool bag. I've only ever used it once for a motorcycle so far. That was for an Enfield outfit that I wasn't about to push very far, and just to get me home were I could re position the mag that had come un-meshed from the driving gear. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

His Norton didn't break down, he was just saving fuel becaues of the cost these days. It was a nice day and he fancied a walk

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

To support Rik my brake down score:

M20: 6 times in 3 years
16H: 1 time in 6 years.

I know what all you M20 maniacs will say: must be the owners fault...... I know better

Henrie.

Posting the picture is fair game, if a little rich coming from someone who seemed to have half his gearbox apart the day before. However, naming names is what's really cruel.

Actually, this was the breakdown before the breakdown before. This particular combination of machine and rider has had a few teething troubles.

Compared with the self-grinding valve guides and the owner who filled up with diesel, this was a fairly easy one to sort.

As I dipped the clutch to turn into the campsite in Normandy, I became aware that I'd lost the pivot screw (and sadly the shouldered nut of course !) Easily fixed but it didn't seem worth doing it 100 yards from the tent.

I guess if I was female and blond and glamorous, there'd have been no adverse comment even if I'd held the run up for an hour and there would have been sad old M20 owners rushing to help !

Re: New Forum picture, you know the one.......

Its nothing personal Rik, most of us who contributed to this thread also have Nortons, and everyone has pushed their bike at sometime or other.

But it was quite funny. Rob.

And on the plus side we all know Rons RAC number now, so recovery will be easy from now on.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Rik..If you were female, blonde and glamorous we wouldn't have been able to get past Ron.. ..specially if he'd had his late afternoon tipple. ...Ian

I'm actually quite surprised it didn't surface earlier. I obviously realised that it would when I stuck my tongue out at the camera

I don't recall anything about Ron and a late-afternoon tipple. It's his preoccupation with early afternoon nipples* that is more noticeable.

*and throttle cables, just in case you've got a dirty mind !

Don't forget our bikes need exercise too. I always take my bike for a walk around the block every morning!

hi ron ,does the card say ''member since july 1900''? that must put you in for some kind of award,cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Just because I gave one of Lex's many ex girlfriends my spare throttle cable, you all think there was an ulterior motive. It's not true I tell you........Besides which, her Dad was there.
My own old Dad used to say "Never drink before the sun goes down son". I figure it's got to be down somewhere in the world. Ron

I see that the forum picture has been changed. It now shows a Dutchman scrounging parts to fix his M20.

I think that there are more moving parts under that cover than in the whole of a 16H gearbox. Respect !

The Matchless throttle cable incident was remarkable, not because it was another example of a Dutch person blagging...we'd all lend parts to another motorcyclist...but more for the 'bees round a honeypot' attempts to provide technical assistance !

Watch it mate

Ron's cable view

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I was going to give this box of parts for Henk that I have here, to Lex next week. But I'm having second thoughts?
This is the young damsel in distress.

Ron
Photobucket

Ron, That photo is there just for the cable Rik was telling about

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1