Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
crankase breather return

Okay,

So I have rebuilt and I am up and running around "yeah". However I noticed the crankcase breather tube spit out oil (normal if sitting) but where is that tube supposed to end up? My just cuts off in space behind the primary? Thanks

Also is there a way to tell if you have wm0,1,2, or 3 rear rim? Mine is a 1944 m20

email (option): jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Re: crankase breather return

Not sure about the breather pipe but i can use the info too
As for the rim, the WM2 measures 1.85 inches between the insides flanges, WM3 is about 2.15, WM1 would be less and WM0 even less than that , sorry i don't have exact dimensions. WM2 is fairly common as is WM3 (which I believe is the original width) but WM0 and WM1 are much less common.
I'll measure the rim outer width and post later.
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

As far as I know it's just hanging there as in this photo. There is a little hole in the tube that sits just on front of the chain.

BSA WDM20

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Jeff, the crankcase breather pipe vents to atmosphere in the general direction of the road..Some spitting from the breather is quite common after a rebuild...it should lessen after 250 miles or so as the piston rings and bore begin to bed in..Ian

Re: Rim sizes, was: crankase breather return

WM0: inside 38mm (1.50"), outside 56 mm (2.20")
WM1: 40,5 mm (1.60"), 61 mm (2.40")
WM2: 47 mm (1.85"), 69 mm (2.72")
WM3: 55 mm (2.15"), 78,2 mm (3.08")

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Thank you

email (option): Jeff@infinitymedspa.com

Thanks Henk.

You solved a mystery for me to!

There must be some sort of clip arrangement for this. Otherwise, the vibration would cause metal fatigue and the tube would fall off. I've explored many parts books, and come up empty handed so far.

What would we do without forum? I shudder to think about that.

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1