Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Markings on WM20 cast iron head

While cleaning up this mint example, I found numers stamped inside the ignition chamber. Wondered if there was any significance to these as they are not the part number? PhotobucketPhotobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Markings on WM20 cast iron head

No info on the numbers Henri...but the head is an early '10 bolt' one which still featured the combustion chamber shape used on the earlier '8 bolt' types...Ian

Thanks for that bit of info, I thought that the pocket was deep. Most of my other ones, have the filled in patch. How is that affect the power capacity? Or does it not at all.

I installed it already on my most used WM.

Hi Henri..Compression ratio is the same for both types...changes made to the later type were done to improve combustion. I have never run the early type so can't make an objective comparison between the two in performance terms...Ian

hi henri,nice head that,the markings are my post code so send it back cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Henri, I had the same cylinder head on my bike. after changing it to the later head, the machine was running better. i dont know why, but i think the gasflow is a little bit optimzed on the later ones..
greetings jarek

email (option): jarekLjareksgarage.de

Thanks jarek, I will send it back to rick!

Nieuwe pagina 1