Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oil tank distance collar

A loooong time ago there was a discussion about the distance collars 88-8347 for the oil tank. I think that the opinion was that there was no real need for them.
But looking at my oil tank I think that it would emptying the oil tank a bit easier, so I will take that old BSA rifle barrel and make the spacers. But what are the dimensions; anybody has them lying around and will measure them for me? Yes, I know, Russell has them, but DIY is cheaper

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Oil tank distance collar

Hi Hans..In proper measurements..9/16"(.562") Outside diameter,7/16"(.437") long and with a clearance hole for a 5/16"(.312") bolt....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, at last something to do this afternoon.

Hans,

I build a BSA 1918 No1 Mk111 from scratch as I had bough a barrelled reciever at an estate sale for $10.00. About a year of searching and I have it all, BSA marked where it needs to be. I even have a 1918 sling that is barely used.

Along the way, I designed a set of headspace gages that helps finance my hobby.

Can you guys shoot over there in Netherlands? All the good Mil Surp ammo is gone. I had several cases of the Greek which is great stuff. Maybe they can make more and improve their economy?

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

A bit off topic, so I sent a PM

Hi Hans, It's a WD BSA Robb is talking about so it's not really of topic

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Nieuwe pagina 1