Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Front wheel rebuild - round the mulberry bush

Having rebuilt my front wheel with a new old stock WM3 rim and a set of stainless steel spokes , I at once dismissed the idea of levelling off the proud spoke heads inside the rim with a power grinder 'Cant be done' I thought 'You'll just damage the rim' , so like the silly old cove I am I began imagining all manner of hair brained alternative schemes for achieving my aim , for example removing the new spokes one at a time to hack-saw off the offending few millimetres of thread . Then on a whim I tried a quick experiment on a rusted out old C15 wheel I've got as a spare and found that there was no problem with the power grinder option after all . Works a treat , as long as you're very careful . The trick is to use a four and a half inch grinding disc that is almost completely worn out and therefore has a much smaller diameter than a new one . This way the disc grinds down the proud spoke head without touching the wheel rim . Voila .

email (option): leifevans75@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Front wheel rebuild - round the mulberry bush

Over here, we have a "Dremel" tool" that is just wizard! All sorts of head you can put on for different purposes.

I'd be lost without it.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Robb..we have the Dremel as well in the UK..I use an air driven die grinder with a carbide burr for that job..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

That reminds me , Robb , I'm going to need a headstock bearing outer race removal tool like the one you gave as a prize for the funny caption contest last week . What's the total price , including mailing , please (are you in the U.S?) Regards , Leif .

email (option): leifevans75@yahoo.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1