The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Off topic exhaust pipes

Hi folks
I have original down pipes for my t100r which need repair / brazing

I also want to have them covered in lagging like you see on custom bikes - does anyone know who can do this in the London area or within travelling distance ?

I am being forced to do so as replacements will not fit despite 2 different sets being fitted - both British made

Any pointers gratefully received

Many thanks

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Off topic exhaust pipes

hi john,ring me tomorrow at work 0161 761 5100 we will have a chat and get it sorted ,cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thanks rick

Am out of uk again but will call in afternoon if ok with you

Many thanks

Jo'b

Hi John...'Exhaust wrap' is currently the vogue in the custom world and is readily available through those channels in different colours. You can put it on yourself. Just put in 'motorcycle exhaust wrap' on e bay 'all categories'.
Alternatively you could have your original pipes repaired and if they are not too rusted have them either replated or ceramic coated. Google 'Camcoat' for the latter...they do a satin black and a silver which looks a bit like satin chrome.
Alternativelyt you could have a set of pipes made..I did that for my WB30 and my B33..I used 'Tubeform' in Dorset...I was very happy with the result. He used my orginal B33 pipe as a pattern and reproduced it in stainless..all I had to do then was polished it..but if you don't have the facility to do that most platers will do it for you..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Rick
Back at last in uk, will call tomorrow

Ian as always thanks for your good information

Best regards

Job

Nieuwe pagina 1