Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A sad day for all motorcyclists

A terrible accident happened today at the Malysian Moto GP,Marco Simonceli was fataly injured in a crash on the second lap,we should all give some thought to his wife and family this day,after all we are all motorcylists,irrespective of our respective opinions. So please can all the people who post on this site think of him,a great rider and sportsman,the world is poorer place with his untimely death.

email (option): glesgaman@tiscali.co.uk

Re: A sad day for all motorcyclists

Absolutely. RIP Marco

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Tommy, I'm sorry to say that I'd never heard of him, I'm so out of touch with the modern scene.

It's a sad fact that most of the heroes that I used to watch in the 1970s and 1980s are no longer with us...Dave Potter, Tom Herron, not to mention the Dunlops and going further back, Jimmy Guthrie's death marked the Norton race team for many years.

It's a dangerous old business that forces the pace of motorcycle development.

That said, I know plenty who spend a fortune on going racing. We're a strange bunch

I went over to Sliverstone this year with my Son and Grandson to see him racing............
He was a great character, a great racer and a great guy.....
A very sad loss to the world of motorcycle racing...
Rest in peace Marco............
Jimmy

Photobucket

hi,yes very sad business any death during ones quest to better ones self in any sport or pastime .
but life goes on and there will be a hundred racers ready to follow him tomorrow given the chance
rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Regretably, these things occur every so often in motorcycle racing..less so in the car racing world these days, though an Indy car driver was killed in the last couple of weeks.
I guess it is a risk they are all prepared to take on as a trade off against the excitement and the lifestyle... Fatalities are certainly sad, but I think it is a little recognised fact that many careers are terminated by an accumulation of serious injuries. There is, perhaps, a strange parallel with war, where people have a greater awareness of those killed than the wounded....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

rest in peace marco hope there are lots of bike for you to ride round heaven old and new

Im a follower of Moto GP and was very much saddend by it-- but what has it got to do with this forum and Tommy, why post it here if as you have made plain you dislike the forum and its contibutors so much?

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

Now now - we all know that Tommy is going to respond with some noble remark about how he is "just letting us know", and we "shouldn't focus on his issues" in light of Marco's passing...

However,

There are two sets of rules at play here. Tommy's which involve insulting, and mockery, and an expectation that people will resond in a civil manner - and he cries foul when you don't... the other is ours, which we will always respond in civility.

I on the other hand am oblivous to this crap and call it like I see it.

Tommy is as we say in the Canadian Army: "A douchebag". That's right numb nuts. Not only can I shoot off my yap, but I can bench press you too. Come on down to Kandahar if you wanna find out.

Chump.

Brad

Brad.
have a double double for me. Tim horns kept me going while i was down there.

email (option): v8zspeed@yahoo.com

I have no 'axe to grind' with Tommy...If he is prepared to engage with the forum and it's contributors in a sensible way that's fine as far as I am concerned.
There seemed to be an underswell of thinking that the best thing to do was to totally ignore the more vitriolic contributions...and I certainly will. However, the post on this subject was entirely reasonable..and I won't condemn him on that basis..Ian

My thoughts for the family and friends of Marco, as well for the soldiers and support team abroad in war-torn nations.
And Tim Horton's Coffee is a staple of the Canadian diet, as well as a symbol of national pride, the term "Double double" even made it into the Oxford dictionary.
http://oxforddictionaries.com/search?searchType=dictionary&isWritersAndEditors=true&searchUri=All&q=double+double&_searchBtn=Search&contentVersion=WORLD

Jesse
Brad.
have a double double for me. Tim horns kept me going while i was down there.

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

The death of Marco will be a great loss to the moto-gp,he was great rider on his way to the very top.Many of us here in Australia are very saddend by his passing. Jeff

Yes it's a sad day for motorcycling and for this forum..!
I agree with Brad, what a fickle bunch you lot are. I've been reading for the last week of the upset and anger Tommy has provoked on this forum, to the point where Ian asked the civil forum members to stick together and ignore Tommy, only 3 days ago, and I quote.

"I suggest now is the time to 'close ranks' to deal with this problem and I would urge EVERY forum contributor who values and enjoys this site to follow the same strategy.
I am sure his twisted view of the world will 'wither on the vine' if it is not nourished by what are ultimately pointless responses...Ian"

Now Tommy posts this and out of decency you feel obliged to respond, he gets you biting whatever he posts.
I haven't written this to fall out with anyone. I find this forum and the people I've met very helpful and genuine, but you have amazed me with this one.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi Horror...I agree entirely with your comment and I'm sure there is no chance of you falling out with anyone just because you have expressed your opinion (reasonably). To me this is absolutely the point...anybody, including Tommy , will be welcomed here if the content of their posts is 'civil'...Whereas an endless trading of insults in response to unreasonable comments is both pointless and ruins the generally pleasant atmoshpere that usually prevails on this forum..I have done my fair share of it as I have a tendency to respond to behaviour I find unreasonable..but it has to end at some point....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1