Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A&E, Maiden Newton at War, etc

With a winter spruce-up planned for the M20, I've been looking at events next year and am I right in thinking that the ones not to miss in my area (Dorset) are Maiden Newton at War and Armour & Embarkation? Am I also right in thinking that there's a parade in Weymouth the same weekend - 23/24th June 2012 - or is that part of A&E? Does Ron organise the Weymouth parade? Being a relative newcomer to the M20 world, it's too much info for my small brain to take in....
Someone recommended the HMVF forum as well as this one so I thought I'd do a spot of early homework and see if there's room for another M20 at A&E but the numbers seem tight and here's the reply I received.

"To be honest I can't answer that until the new year as I have to make sure all who came last year would likle to come again - its a numbers issue I have.

May be a silly question so forgive if I am speaking out of turn but do you have a lot of convoy experience? If not then I would hook with Nigel and Ian and their chums and see what they get up to - they are very very good at their jobs and made A&E 2010 run like clock work. http://www.wdbsa.nl/"

It's another thumbs-up for this site - how could I not post the reply?! Is Ian the convoy-king the same as our Ian on the forum? ps. Ian, if it is, I still owe you the additional postage on the mag for the 24 hour delivery - have you found out how much it is?

Any help with scheduling my calendar for next year would be greatly appreciated. I want to get my dates added quickly before the wife pencils in a shopping expedition.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Re: A&E, Maiden Newton at War, etc

Hi Lee. I was one of the convoy motorcyclists for A&E last year. I am also one of the organisers for Weymouth. Unfortunately the dates for next year clash. So I won't be able to attend A&E.(Bugger!)
I think some of our usual attendees for Weymouth who will be at A&E will join us on Sunday. But we are also restricted to numbers. Having said that, we can always accommodate another bike or three.
Email me direct with your postal address and I'll get you booked in. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Lee...It wasn't me at Armour and Embarkation...I missed that one..However, whoever you were talking to probably knows me from elsewhere. Or possibly he got confused when he saw John Allison on one of my M20s that I sold to him..it has distinctive 4/7 Royal Dragoon Guards markings...There are quite a few others who have plenty of convoy experience as well as me so, no, I'm not the 'convoy king' ...
A clash of dates with the Weymouth Veterans Parade will cause problems for Ron as he is one of the organisers of that event..I'm sure he will have some comment when he sees these posts...
The Buckfasliegh 40's Weekend down here in Devon is worth a visit...Ron and quite a number of other DR types will be in attendance and there will be plenty of riding and opportunities for you to practice your Convoy skills on the relatively quiet Devon roads...
I'll mail you re. the postage question....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Buckfastleigh holds a special place in the wife's heart and if the dates are similar to 2011, it should be on my brithday weekend - how can I possibly fail in getting a pass to play motorbikes on the moor?
Ta, Ron. I'll send an email shortly with my details.

I love it when a plan comes together.. ..Dates for 2012 are similar. Sat/Sun 7/8th of July..but you can arrive from the Thursday and stay till the Monday if you choose to..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Lee, Its good to hear that our little Town is special to someone, this years Buckfastliegh has to have been the best for along time, Ian worked out a ride across the south moor, think it was 10 bikes, even with the livestock it was a great ride, and the evening convoy from Widdecombe to Buckfastliegh via Ashburton nonestop with 28 vehicles and outriders, well, you had to be there

It's my birthday on the Sunday, do the shops of Buckfastleigh sell M20-shaped bithday cakes?

Prestons field kitchen turns out a pretty good doughnut, and the bar will be open,

Spot-on. I know it's early days at the mo, but what's the best way to get booked-in?

not sure who is doing the entry forms for 2012 yet, just keep an eye on the forum, it will be posted in good time, and it will also be shown in the MVT's Windscreen mag.

Thanks Colin

Nieuwe pagina 1