Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3 valve springs.

Has anyone got, or know where I can obtain some new G3/G3L valve springs. The Terry's number is VS 82.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: G3 valve springs.

I suggest either Russells or the AJS & Matchless owners club who now sell to non members. John

email (option): Tinley@btinternet.com

No luck with either of those John. I'm about to start a separate post on this issue. Ron

Hi Ron..Have you tried Andrew Engineering for the valve springs..? www.andrew-engineering.co.uk Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Cornucopia are listing them also...Ian

hi ron ,ive asked the question at an amc supplier,can you be more specific with the year and model is the reply,apparently there are five variations
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Thanks for asking Rick. It turns out the information I was given for the free length of my G3 valve springs was wrong. Lex has sent me a link to a WD Matchless standards book which I have printed off.
The information within, turns out to be the springs I already have.
I bought a set of springs from Steve Surbey (AMC Classics) at Kepton last week, which are over 1/2" longer. I was reluctant to use these. They are marked on the box for 350-500 Matchless. As you say there is an array of applications for these engines. Ron

With five different versions of half the bike it should be quite easy to build five different G3Ls...the trouble is only one of them will work properly ..but which one?. ...Ian

hi ron,it was steve surbey i asked,small world eh
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I've Known Steve and his Dad (now gone) for years. I've just ordered some new high lift cams from him today.

Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1