Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wel bike

on the milweb site under motorcycle parts there is a wel bike engine not cheap at 1000 euros

Re: wel bike

Does not look Welbike to me, just a Villiers Junior-de-Luxe engine.
Most Welbikes had a XXE pre-fix in the engine number.

But must be a bargain at € 1000

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Quite correct Rob. The manifolds and expansion box are from an Auto-cycle. The difference between a genuine Welbike engine and an Auto-Cycle unit is about ten times the value. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

And an autocycle one is only worth a tenner. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I recently spotted another manufacturer of Welbike spares: see www.welbikeuk.com for details.
My information is that Carl Hamer and Malcolm are in this together, given previous quality of goods, this could well be worthwhile for all your Welbike spares.

And the other one, Mark F., with www.welbike.co.uk: after two emails without any reply, he may not be too overtly active in this field.

As for our Indian manufacturers: lots of promises, but no goods so far, so one may stear clear of that part of the world?

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

hi,there is a welbike listed for sale in bonhams auction at las vegas on jan 12th,lot number 244.doesnt look much to me but i know nowt about em.cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Just thought I would update on my restoration of a MK2 Series 1 Welbike .
I rang www.welbikeuk.com described to them the problem with the steering assembly on the above , basicly it was beyond saving .

Malcolm invited me down to their workshops in Stoke to show me around show me some of the items they made ,and also told me to bring along the frame and bars to have a look at it etc (I had already dismantled it) .

I went this morning (Wednesday) arrived after a 3hr journey and it was well worth it , they are such an accommodating friendly bunch of people. Malcolm said "lets have a look at the frame" , he took it into the workshop pointed out the lad (sorry forgot his name) that he was the "expert" and has had welbikes for years.

Within an hour the steering components were re-assembled in the frame , I had only gone down to purchase the bits , but while we had a cuppa it was machined brazed and finished , absolutely PERFECT, the components are such high quality in material and finish , you cannot tell the difference betwen the original and new , the detailing even down to the nails! that hold the tube into the yolk (these were put in on assembly to line them up before brazing) are there even put in at the correct angle , the detailing is amazing .

Malcolm showed me wheels , frames, forks, clutch perch etc etc , the wheels are machined out of solid square blocks of steel!! ,
forget the indian rubbish , these lads make the real macoy there also increasing the range of items , definately recommend these lads , and I would think any vehicle hard to get part if you had a word and they have a pattern to work from ,it wouldn't be a problem for them.

I'll be definately be getting my grips and cables and ant other bits from them , yep I'm over the moon with the work they did for me
can't praise them enough , Excellent.

Nieuwe pagina 1