Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amal 276

The perennial problem, an overflowing float chamber. Tried very fine grinding paste, to T-Cut to Brasso, and though better, it still drips eventually.
I'm loath to spend out on a new float needle as pattern parts being as they are, it could be no better than that currently fitted.
Anyone had experience of a replacement needle, or any other tips regarding getting a seal?
Thank you.

email (option): kevin.sandford@ntlworld.com

Re: Amal 276

Hey Kev, the grinding method tends not to work, you just end up with a groove. I tend to give them a light tap with a flat punch to re seat them, like you would with a ball vavle. This normally works fine.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Sadly it didn't work for me. The previous poster commented on the need for a 0' float chamber, but funnily enough my complete carb is slightly down-draft (Empire Star) so I wonder if the float chamber "lean" isn't helping matters? What's the lean tolerance for a 276?

Not the whole problem though, as I rigged up the carb + tank on the bench, and it still overflowed....

email (option): kevin.sandford@ntlworld.com

They say the lean angle shouldn't exceed 15 degrees..which it doesn't when the bike is stationary..Odd though that you can lean well past that in corners and the engine still runs! ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1