Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message for Ian.(re-m20 bash plate)

Hi Ian, I am looking for a sump bash plate for the M20.It's about the last thing i need for my re-build.I remember back along you had some for sale,have you one available? if not and you are having some more made up i will be interested.P.S. The bike is 1939. Many thanks,Mick.

email (option): sally_jones@btinternet.com

Re: Message for Ian.(re-m20 bash plate)

i am not sure but did early M20s have bash plates someone will know for certain

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

didant they just have a flat plate the same shape of the lower frame? i think the later ones were pressed with a U bolt on the front.
i made my own out of flat plate and it came out very well, il try to add a pic
thanks barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

The early pattern sump guard was indeed cut to match the shape of the lower frame rails. The front was extended to fold up in front of the frame front down tube. It also had a hole in it to access the crankcase drain plug and a stiffening rib pressed into it for about 3/4 of its length.
The 'keyhole' brackets used to attach the guard connected to the 1/2" main frame stud at the bottom of the saddle pillar and the 7/16" lower front frame stud..so the brackets are different sizes and four shouldered nuts of the appropriate sizes are needed as well, two on each stud.
In answer to the original question I have a batch at the laser cutters at the moment. I will post when they are complete.
This early pattern sump guard was fitted until 1943...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian,I will keep an eye out for your post.Mick.

email (option): sally_jones@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1