Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saddle Springs

There is space for 15 springs on the seat, excluding the nose springs...
How many of those 15 are 7 1/4 and how many are 6 5/8?

seat

Thanks.

Re: Saddle Springs

The 6 3/4": 2
7": 2
7 1/4": 11

And Henk will shortly (I hope..) put an interesting modification for the saddle frame in the Technical section: a coccyx saver...

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hans, which goes where? Seems i have all the wrong sizes then......

The springs that will be attached to the frame, are those the right ones? If yes, mine are completely wrong then. Henk, got some lying arround?

Ynse

email (option): seadog1968@hotmail.com

Hi Ynse..Those are the right springs for an M20 from about 1941/2 onwards that used them in conjunction with the hexagonal spring support pieces. Early M20s used longer parallel springs I believe...and studding instead of the hexagonal supports...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Can you post a photo showing the right set up for a 1941 M20? I'm really confused now, I've been told all sort of stories now. I bought a couple of those long studs for under the springs, but they shouldn't be on my bike now? Sorry for hijacking this thread by the way.

Cheers
Ynse

Hi Ynse..I'll have to go to the parts lists for an exact change date for this. Or perhaps someone who knows will post first...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

would be great if someone could post a pic or two of the correct set up..

My bike is from december 1941. I never knew there was an early and a later setup for this.....

Nieuwe pagina 1