Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fibre washers (fiber for us Yanks)

I'm thinking of having a die made to make the fibre washers but in 0.0625 thick Neoprene.

Every fiber washer, AND the Petrol & Oil tank filler cap washers would be included. I think these will seal better that the stiff old and worn out ones.

The petrol taps (2 sizes), oil lines, drain plugs, chaincase inspection plug etc are all included.

If I get a good response, I can defray the cost of the die over the run and we can all have a nice set.

The gearbox sleeve nut tool is in heat treat. No price yet though.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Re: Fibre washers (fiber for us Yanks)

Count me in Robb, keep me posted, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

I'm in.

Scott

email (option): sd246@sbcglobal.net

Hi Robb..I would be interested in the oiltank and petrol cap seals and the sealing washers. However, I hope you won't mind me raising a couple of points... Will the neoprene stand up to (ethanol) fuel?..is it compatible?. Currently I use a neoprene O ring for the chaincase inspection cover...With regard to the other washers I think these would have to be fitted using an additional steel washer so that they are compressed when tightened and not chewed up by the rotation of the fittings....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian,

Anything you write, or ask is fine by me. (not that you need my permission). I have learned so much from you, I'd like to come over there and buy you a pint or a dozen pints...

We have had ethanol fuel for years over here. Tell ya what, I'll take a piece of the material and soak it in some gas.

Well, they may or may not need an additional washer. Don't know yet. But, I'll hand cut a few just for giggles.

Cheers,

Robb

PS: Thanks guys. I shall keep you posted via the forum to let you know progress.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

oh!! i see robb keeping your home made beer to your self how many 45 gallon drums of beer have you got roger

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

Nieuwe pagina 1