Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Horn location query

I am interested to know exactly when the horn on the WD M20 was moved to the front engine plates..or in other words, the latest date that it was fitted to the saddle mounting bracket.
Does anyone have any definitive information or photos to verify this date?....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Horn location query

My guess it would be the same time as they fitted the longer stand because the mount for it was moved, it would probably foul the horn

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I guess that could have been done from 20th January 1943.

Henk

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks Henk..that tells me what I need to know as my M20 is 42. Interesting illustration...the new location is shown on a (sort of)WB30.. note the drilled and pierced front engine plates only used on the WB30.. (although the head bolts seem to be missing..?).Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Henk, do you have any other DME circulars perchance ?

Just one from Jan

BTW Ian, did you see the cable clips in the drawing? Any progress on these? Do you still have my old tired clip?

Henk

Where do.you get this stuff from henk ? :-D

Brilliant !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Folks
Just found this post and it answers a question I have had for a long time in that my M20 does not have a horn (has the button)and I could not figure how the horn should be mounted. There is machined lug sticking down from the seat spring lower mount bolt. The bike is 1942 with engine & frame No 54567.
Thanks to all for the really useful info and replys
Regards
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1