Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you Dave and Ron.

Just received my copy of the army training film, brilliant! An unexpected bonus is the vehicle film as well. Thanks guys, and bloody well done.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Re: Thank you Dave and Ron.

Thanks Mick, glad you're happy with it

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for the thanks Mick. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I particularly like the bit where the apprentice DR is practicing balance by being pushed around the parade ground by some poor fella! I suppose there was a war on though......
Best sound-bite? only the foolhardy go show-boating!

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Well done gents, my copy just arrived in NZ today.

email (option): braunz@paradise.net.nz

Are you the same Kiwi Iain Brown that I met at the Norton rally in New York state a few weeks ago?
There can't be many New Zealander's named Iain Brown who are into old British bikes can there?

email (option): gasboy@btinternet .com

Hi Peter, yes there's only one that i know of.
The USA rally was a great trip, although Russels southern moonshine did dull my senses on a couple of occasions.

email (option): braunz@paradise.net.nz

Great to hear from you.
My God-- that moonshine-- I thought it was going to burn the lining off my stomach, but I couldnt leave it alone. I have a photo of us all around the table outside the bar that night-- I will personal e mail it to you.
I like meeting people from this forum and putting a face to the names, so its pretty amazing that we should bump into each other half way around the other side of the world from our homes.
I met Bennie the Dutch guy at the Begonia rally in Belgium a few weeks ago. (There was a couple of ex WD BSAs there as well).
I have already been back to the states since-- to see Candice.

Peter, were you at the Begonia then ? I never thought to ask if anyone on here was going. My 16H let me down on the day so I turned up late on the Commando (but accompanied by a 16H !).

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1176120&cmd=show

I'll try again next year !

Rik, I knew you'd cir cum and fit pannier bags Next you'll be after a pair of those £200 canvas grips

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

No-way Ron those are my stitched together throw-overs. I melted my first and last pair of vinyl throw-overs on the Commando exhausts about thirty years ago and have used army surplus ever since.

This is the effect that I'm going for.

Photobucket

Pannier frames ? Who needs 'em ?

Are the canvas grips really £200 ? Thank goodness they hadn't been invented in 1940.

Rik
Yes I was at the Begonia. I was on a yellow BMW GS Adventure, camped in the middle of the field. I know a bike like that is not in the spirit of the Begonia, but my Commando was still on its way back from the USA, and my WM20 is still half way through its B31 engine swap. It was the only bike I had left to go on, and I hate to miss Begomia rallys
Where abouts in the field were you camped?
I wish we had made ourselves known to each other.

The Norton rally in the USA was good, but it cost a lot to get the Commando shipped there and back.
Still-I will only live once

Hey Rik, that's a super pic. As you say, who needs panniers?
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

It's a classic Dunkirk pic taken outside Bastion 32, the French Admiral Abrial's HQ by a French photographer. The British DRs queued up there awaiting mesages to take to the British HQ.

Quite a difference from those nicely packed CMP rear carriers that we see on UK propaganda photos.

Peter Stowe
Rik
Yes I was at the Begonia. I was on a yellow BMW GS Adventure, camped in the middle of the field. I know a bike like that is not in the spirit of the Begonia, but my Commando was still on its way back from the USA, and my WM20 is still half way through its B31 engine swap. It was the only bike I had left to go on, and I hate to miss Begomia rallys
Where abouts in the field were you camped?
I wish we had made ourselves known to each other.

The Norton rally in the USA was good, but it cost a lot to get the Commando shipped there and back.
Still-I will only live once

Peter, I picked an empty space in the middle somewhere but I did turn up late, partly as a consequence of having to push the 16H home and start again on the Commando - and I left early on the Sunday due to having to accompany the other 16H on the way home. The Flanders branch are pretty easy on enthusiasts with other makes as long as they don't take over. Too many cars and camper vans this year though, in my opinion.

The outside of Europe rallies are a bit impossible for me until the kids are off my hands.

Dave and Ron,
Thank you for the very well done job!
The most worth spended quid I've ever spent!
Cheers,
Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1