The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What an amazing machine!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: What an amazing machine!

A great machine..but complete nonsense that the speed it achieved wasn't exceeded for over 20 years. Noel Pope, Joe Wright, Ernst Mier and others went faster in the same decade.
In fact Noel Pope was killed at Arpajon in Hungary on his supercharged Brough 'The scalded cat' when he had a blow out at 175mph plus in the late Thirties...and 'superbikes' in the accepted term didn't appear till the 70's...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Correction..My mistake..it was Eric Fernihough who was killed in Hungary...and Bonhams made a further error,..T E Lawrence owned 8 not 6 Brough Superiors..Lawrence was acknowledged to be addicted to the speed of the Broughs..one of his contemporaries said..'Giving him a Brough Superior is like giving a gun to someone with suicidal tendencies'..Ironically, however, he was killed in a low speed accident...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

i see he has got a bit of inner tube to keep his trousers out of the primary chain i wouldnt like to have disentangled my trouser from the chain it could have tightened round your nether regions panful

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

hi andy,if you want to see a couple in action,google british pathe,search motorcycling and brough superior,
there are loads of great old clips,you just have to fiddle about where you search
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1