Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Royal Enfield WD carrier

Hello, I was just looking for a carrier for my Royal Enfield 350 CO. Registered as a 1939; but almost certainly assembled in 1944 or 1945, the motorcycle is unrestored and has the original ("civilianized") paint. I have no intention of doing anything to change the way it looks, but I would like to find a pair of straps and a carrier for my pannier bags. These things are rare here in California! The only other detail is a missing brass wing nut from the original (bakelite) battery box.

email (option): paulmarchand@highlandspringsequestrian.com

Re: Royal Enfield WD carrier

Ron, my CO has what look like original brass hexaganal nuts machined at the base ie in contact with the battry outer support, as found on m20,s I havent looked in the parts book yet, but I expect the bakelite ones are correct andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Andrew...I think Ron is referring to the bakelite battery terminal nuts/knobs, not the battery carrier assy. nuts....though you might be as well ..I'm a bit confused myself!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes it's as Ian says. This battery has Bakelite cable connection knobs. The hinged bracket fixings are the standard acorn nuts. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ah Hm, sorry yes mine has the brass acorn nuts,now the battery knobs not seen ones like that before, war time ? how sensible, andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

The guy who does "Birmingham to Berlin" has those nuts. I think his name is Chris Coxon.

Whatever, he's a good guy to do business with. Honest and straightforward.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

And he got me an excellent canvas saddle deck, to save my original Terry

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

hans i have heard it called a lot of thing before but never Terry

That was Double-Dutch Roger...

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Nieuwe pagina 1