Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WM20 Heritage

Just trying to get some information regarding a recent purchase. I bought an WM20 locally here in Texas. It is almost complete and original as far as I can tell by looking at photos. Here is the rub. The frame number is 30923. The engine number has been altered (beaten down with a pin punch) and renumber 2214. It has a rear number plate with the licence number 75YD65. Is there any way to determine where it was built and shipped to? And, are there any drawings to make the canvas pannier bags?

email (option): bsalloyd@aol.com

Re: WM20 Heritage

Hi Lloyd,

You can order repops from Ship something, others on the forum have the details. Real fine copies. Unless you prefer making those.

Obtain the book on the British Military bikes, they have the numbers listed and their contract numbers.

Plus lots of other info.

Henri

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Schipperfabrik has the pannier bags $109.95. Also Y-straps for $24.95
http://www.schipperfabrik.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209&products_id=456
and
http://www.schipperfabrik.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=209&products_id=457
They are US based so you're golden!
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Your bike is in the keycards, it had a rebuild tank number which was C1447313, all rebuild bikes received a tank number that started with C14. It left the army on 28/3/68. Not much more information to be found in the keycard.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Your bike is in the military BSA keycards, it had a rebuild tank number which was C1447313, all rebuild bikes received a tank number that started with C14. It left the army on 28/3/68. Not much more information to be found in the keycard.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Thanks for the information. Was this bike in England. The licence number looked liked the English style. Also I could barely make out the word "CLASS" on the top of tank. Other lettering illegible. Where is the best place to get a parts manual, if there is one.

You can download (or order) a catalogue from Draganfly http://www.draganfly.co.uk/

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Also, I believe Henk has the workshop manual (factory service sheets) on disc..a must when you are working on the bike....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Lloyd

Now, I'm pretty new to M20's and my knowledge is nowhere near the levels of the other guys on the forum, but I've just had a look in British Forces Motorcycles and it looks as though your bike was part of contract no. C7287, a batch of 17,000 bikes which were delivered to Chilwell at a rate of 2,000 a month between 25/5/40 and 28/8/41. If my maths is correct (fingers crossed) it's original C number would have been C4347515 and it would have cost £49.15s when new.

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

I would like to thank everyone for the great leads and information. I am sure there will be many more questions when the real work begins.

if the word (class) is stenciled on the top of the tank it maybe something to do with its desposal sale like a lot number and there would have been more than one bike in the lot i am only guessing it could have been say class A class B and so on to denote what quality they were

Couple more questions and then maybe I will be it a rest. It looks like a lot of the restored bike have cad plated fasteners. Most of the period pictures show them painted which is correct? Also, my tank has a couple of major dents. Is there someone who does a good job straightening them out? Are purchase a straight one.

Nieuwe pagina 1