Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
rear mudguard (period correct)

Hi guys
I hope these pic's work. my bike is frame number M20-109711, which makes it a 1945(c5550411?). I have 2 rear guards both missing the tail piece and i would like to know if either of these is period correct. The correct part number that i come up with is 66-6835 (with raised center ridge). I don't think either guard i have is right. The guards in the pick is of the front and rear guard. The front guard is correct but needs a lot of work to restore it. The rear has 2 side valance.s and i have been told that these were fitted to the 1938/39 year models. Is this correct?.I do have another rear guard (but i could not find the pic)that does NOT have a raised center ridge.Could this guard still be period correct? I will try to find the pic of this guard and post it to the forum.

1945 M20

1945 M20

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Re: rear mudguard (period correct)

I think that other guard might be the one. The one with the valance, should be worth a pretty penny.

The ones I have, are equipped with the rear removable portion, was yours welded there, is there a short addition at the endPhotobucketPhotobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

hi phil,as henri says the valanced guard is rare ,now you've shown it watch the offers come in,i was lucky recently to get a front and rear guard in good condition the rear has no ridge.the rear came with no tail piece,again luck was on my side,i went to netley marsh the week before,paid a tenner for a dubious tail piece,henk and leon saw it,couldnt say if genuine or not and it fits perfectly,one happy ricko

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hi Rick
You are right ,someone has started restoring it by welding patch's here and there. And yes, there has been an addition to end where the tailpiece should bold on.

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Hi Phil, The rear mudguard without the center rib is the correct one for 45 and is used in conjunction with the shorter pattern late pillion seat....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1