Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20s in Arromanches

Hi guys, thought I would share this with you.
A bunch of M20s and a carrier photoghraphed on the Rue de la Gare ( now Rue de Verdun). The building behind was the old railway station which was extended in 1947 and is now the post office.
Photobucket
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Re: M20s in Arromanches

It's hard to see that this is that same building.

Great photo, thanks.

Henk

Post office

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Have you a picture of the same building from the same angle?

I have a great book, "Battle of the Bulge, Then and Now" which does that, and it is a fabulous study in war and recontruction.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

As far as I understand it, this is the same building in just about the same angle. Doesn't look very much the same anymore to my opinion.

Just a few months we were riding at that spot with our own BSA's.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Hi Robb, this is the closest I have, I'm going back at the end of the month, will get a better pic. You can see the original building in between the add ons-
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cheers, Mick.

Thanks Mick
Would never have picked it out in a month of Sunday's
:-D
Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

hi all,if you use the little twirler and the arrows on the road ,go past the post office (i think that is a new building)turn round 180*and you will see the exact picture,the tall building on the left is the one
cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

hi,just done it again,when you open the file,the building in the black and white photo is on your left,click the arrows on the road and go forward until a red car is on your right.turn round there then move the little man towards the rear of the busses,go forward with the arrows and you will be on the same spot as the photographer cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Hey Rick the building you are looking at is the villa "Stansilas"(Ibelieve)on the other side of the road. Here is the station from a different angle-
Photobucket
Cheers, mick.

Nieuwe pagina 1