Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Follow up to Ian Re: Gasket between lower end faces

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Ian, could be wrong, but on this one it looks more like compressed paper than engine sealing compound. Had some others also with the red gasket paper but those are already cleaned and closed up.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hi Henrie...That's definitely a gasket...I retain an open mind on whether it is an original one. Personally I have no knowledge or evidence of factory manufactured crankcase gaskets from any BSA literature that I have and err towards the conclusion these were made up at some later point. However, I have learn't in the past not to make definitive statements!
Does anyone else have any information on this subject?...Ian

One of the u-tube videos of the assembly lines in the Triumph and BSA plant shows an engine assembler painting joint sealer around a crankcase before joining--no gasket. Can't remember if it was a Triumph or BSA though!!

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

It was on a BSA A10 which as they were using it on a later model I presume they would have used it on the earlier models too, it may be that it was assembled somewhere where they didn't have any gasket sealer to hand so they just made a paper one

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks guys, now I am jury rigging the case so that I can drill out that broken oil release bolt. Alum plate into which two holes are drilled to hold the two studs for the cylinder upside down.

All done, old bolt remains next to Draganfly repop. Not correct for WM20, I think the WM20 has a flat head, this one is dome, at least my other WM20 motors have the flat surface bolt. But, it is decorative, ie. meaning, it won't stop the oil leaks....
Photobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1