Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wm20 engine timing side

has any one got a pic of the timing side with the cover off? i think the lock nut for the crank shaft is missing, with the lock nut on will this stop end float as the is a lot of movement on the crank.
regards barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Re: wm20 engine timing side

The end float is controlled by the nut on the primary side, when you tighten it ,it pulls the crank over and controls the end float

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

As Dave says end float is taken up when the drive side shock absorber nut is tightened. However, the engine should not be turned over without the timing side crankshaft nut fitted. This keeps the crank pinion in place. If the nut is omitted and the engine is rotated in the normal direction, the side thrust exerted by the oil pump worm can drive the crank pinion into the rear face of the outrigger plate bush. Not only will the bush be damaged but there will be bronze swarf produced... ...Ian

yeh i se. the engines not in the bike at the mo, im just going over it, checking and cleaning, theres no barrel or piston. as well as trying to get the oil pump to turn nicely (bloody thing) i was seeing if anything was missing, is hat plate fitted before the timing side crankshaft nut?

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Barry..The plate is fitted first..then a shakeproof washer...then the nut...Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1