Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tamiya Model M20

I just received this from Tamiya, and don't worry, there will be other decals in the box, so your model doesn't have to look like my bike. Ron

Dear Ron,

We will release our 1/35 scale BSA M20 this month.
I will send some kits and assembled /painted one to you.
I hope you like it.

We have included some road signs of Normandy area in the kit, printed on the box.
I found out sign "Slow dangerous curves ahead" on an actual picture taken in France with some Commonwealth soldiers. I'm not sure if "curve"is standard British- English or not ("Bend" will be more common in UK?). Maybe there were Canadian or Australian soldiers??

Thank you,
Nobuo

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Tamiya Model M20

Product Nr 35316 from www.Hobbyco.net
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

Great news, i've waited for this one!
Then i can make a few in all possible paintschemes and finally decide wich one looks best!
Or how many real M20's i'll need...
Great work!

/Jerry

email (option): jerry.carlsson@sspa.se

Ron,

I think the details on the 3HW Italeri kit, are better. The wire spoke wheels are identical to the real bike. I used it as reference during the building of my full size 3HW. But great that Tamiya considered doing the BSA nevertheless.

http://s13.zetaboards.com/B_n_B_Auto_Builders/topic/6713373/1/

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Yes I see what you mean Henri. I have no influence over Tamiya or their products. I very much like that 3HW model. It even looks a bit like mine. It's great the way these model makers get that authentic battle weary look. Ron

Photobucket

Lex just told me that the 3HW model is 1/6th scale. The M20 is 1/35th. That's a big difference! Ron

Is this the only M20 model available? Or are there others?

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

I have the 3HW model, unbuilt, in a box, must dig it out for a second look. I do recall packing it before moving and marvelling at how detailed it is. If it is 1/6 scale, should have lots of detail.
Now just need to outfit GI Joe /Actionman in DR gear!
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

what a good model it looks like a full size one i was at a war and peace show 4 or 5 years ago and a chap who made resin model he took hundreds of photos of my unrestore m20 he said he would let me know when he had made any but i never heard from him again

To my knowledge there are no other M20 models??

Ron

I tried to interest Airfix Models, but not even a reply...
Perhaps we could bombard them through http://www.airfix.com/contact-us/ , asking for models of M20, 16H, Ariel and others

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Its a good looking model, but the thing is Ron, did they use you as a male model for the Don R's, only I thought you were taller.

Funnily enough Colin, a merchant seaman friend of mine reckons they captured his likeness after an evening in Bangkok that included an Octopus curry. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1