Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Key card info if possible

Do any of the holders of the key cards see information about the following bike in there?

Serial number is 60623. Its got a rough application of black paint over what I guess is an original layer of dusty sand colour. The frame and the engine numbers match, and I bought it about 12 years ago in Cedar Rapids Iowa for $200 - the good old days.

I see its from contract C11101, making it produced 41/42, C number is probably C4642211 or thereabouts.

Thanks for any info you can provide on the history of my first M20.

Thanks!Chris

email (option): chris@classicbikebooks.com

Re: Key card info if possible

Chris Smith
Do any of the holders of the key cards see information about the following bike in there?

Serial number is 60623. Its got a rough application of black paint over what I guess is an original layer of dusty sand colour. The frame and the engine numbers match, and I bought it about 12 years ago in Cedar Rapids Iowa for $200 - the good old days.

I see its from contract C11101, making it produced 41/42, C number is probably C4642211 or thereabouts.

Thanks for any info you can provide on the history of my first M20.

Thanks!Chris

Hi Chris,

Cannot find it there, nearest are 60615 and 60643.

Maybe Rob Miller has wrangled more info out of the cards? typo's etc.

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Chris

Sorry, it hasn't shown up in the keycards yet but there is a chance it will, a lot of WD M20s in the US were obtained in Germany after the war.

By my calculation WM20 60623 left the factory with serial C 4664366.

Acording to the list I have 4642211 was issued to a Ford 15cwt 4x2 GS truck.

Regards Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Rob Miller
Hi Chris

Sorry, it hasn't shown up in the keycards yet but there is a chance it will, a lot of WD M20s in the US were obtained in Germany after the war.

By my calculation WM20 60623 left the factory with serial C 4664366.

Acording to the list I have 4642211 was issued to a Ford 15cwt 4x2 GS truck.

Regards Rob.

Ah yes, right you are Rob - I see that 4642211 wouldn;t have been in range after all since it was made in 2 batches and I was doing creative maths using who knows what starting number!

Question about Key Cards - do you have to poke through them manually ? What a chore!

Thanks!

email (option): chris@classicbikebooks.com

Nieuwe pagina 1