Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
philisophical questions while riding

while heading home from an event at castle drogo, i crossed high dartmoor, with thick fog and misty rain, visibility is less than 20 foot, nothing unusual in that, and while i go along at 30 odd contemplating wether the shadows in the mist ahead are cows sheep horses or pixies, i was surprised by the number of idiots who came screaming past at about 60.

during this journey i contemplated the philisophical question of why do i have a mt110 rear light fitted?
and wether to fit a bigger more visible one and thus be possibly visible to an idiot, its interesting how these journeys bring out great philisophical questions, such as why im not allowed a working revolver and wether to fit a bigger rear light, but it was a nice day out and there was a nicely done norton at the show, motorcycling on old bikes brings many philisophical questions.

Re: philisophical questions while riding

It's those dicy moments when you contemplate your own mortality! Kind of like whistling past the graveyard, yes?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

you could have a 20" search light in red on the back and it wouldnt stop these idiot speeding in fog/mist sadly they take other poeple out with their stupidity

I got hit up the a**e by a car..fortunately I was moving and the car was not travelling at high speed. I've never experienced such acceleration (or such bent pannier frames) on an M20 before or since . As far as the back light goes anyone travelling at speed in misty conditions during the day won't see it till it's too late anyway...Just keep your buttock muscles clenched and hope you luck holds out. Those are the conditions when I REALLY don't like the motorway as you get an idiot every thirty seconds which tilts the odds against you somewhat ....Ian

Re: philosophical questions while riding

Hi Jon

Until now I hadn't thought of road safety as a philosophical question but you could be right!

I guess putting a larger (safer) rear light on the back of a bike falls into the same grey area as wearing a luminous green vest, we all have to draw our own line but hope it won't become the law "for our own good".

Rob

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

When out at night, my convoy light is supplemented by a set of bicycle LEDs temporarily attached to the pannier frames

Practicality over originality wins all the time for me

Once home off they come

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

i see that M.A.G. had a protest over the compolsory wearing of reflective jackets i am not against wearing one on one of mine i have written (caution my rear vision is limited) because if you arent going in a straight line your mirror is pointing somewhere else and this seems the time car drivers want to over take you they follow on a straight road for mile but as you come to a bend they will try and overtake you

i have solved part of my conundrum, the bike was demobbed in 1968 and has a non military 1960s numberplate on, so will fit a slightly larger 1960s miller light, a while back i got hit in the rear on a clear day so you never know, but its something to ease the mind a little with the wet foggy time of year is returning and i spend more time peering through the rain.

Nieuwe pagina 1