Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Toolbox mounting for Robb

Just setup a photobucket account and posted some pics..This one for Robb.
Cheers, Vince
Photobucket

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Toolbox mounting for Robb

THANKS MATE!

At long last I can put the box on. It has stayed in storage for prolly 25 years until now....

I really appreciate you taking the rear wheel off to do this.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Wasn't that already on the Technical Info page of the website, a drawing by Noam...

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

No prob, Robb! Yes, on the technical page there is a drawing of the rear mounting strap, if it's missing. Pretty straightforward to fit once you have all the pieces, there is some room for adjustment in all the mounting points too. My strap bolts are seized in place, if I need to push it forward (maybe need to give some clearance to the rear footpeg bolt) I'll have to replace the bolts.
As you can see, my bike is a mix of repainted parts (the flat paint comes out lighter in photos than it appears in person) and original green, with the overcoated green flaking off in many spots. But I don't want to strip and repaint it all, I kind of like the mix of original/ repainted parts. Most all of the frame, girders, headlight parts from the seat tube forward is repainted.
(And Robb, the rear wheel is out for refurbishment, repacking the bearings and cleaning up of the brake hub anyway, so not a real imposition, just sorry it took me so long to take a pic and figure out how to post..)
Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

I have all the bits. I just never knew how to put them on until now.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1