Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
royal enfield WD c/o ohv

hi all hope someone can help just rebuilt my engine but when i start it up it smokes within in 5 minutes and stops smoking its had all new piston rings and oil filters but sure what it could be
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@homail.co.uk

Re: royal enfield WD c/o ohv

Hey Mike, its an Enfield! that's why they built g3l's. Trade it for an M20, you know it makes sense.(and you could keep up with me!)
See you soon for a pint.
cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

hi mike,ive seen this before,did you bust the glaze on the cylinder ?i think you will have to give it a chance to bed in ,cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

yes mick i would be nice to keep up with you but who wants to buy a royal enfield? did you have a look at the photos on the nmvg's website theres a good picture of you on your m20,and yes a pint will be good, i will make sure i bring a bag of mussels with me.
cheers michael
ps i have been told when then royal enfield engine is beded in it will stop smoking but to stop it smoking now to leave the piston tdc when standing for a long time to stop the oil building up on top of the piston.

email (option): michael.rutland@homail.co.uk

Be patient with your CO Michael, don't thrash it, run it in properly. I expect it just wants bedding in. I love riding my CO. I've upped the engine sprocket from 18 to 19 teeth. It's every bit as fast as a standard M20 and a bit more nimble. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

hi ron yes i am running it in at 30mph at the moment thanks for all the advise
cheers michael

email (option): michaelrutland@hotmail.co.uk

I would agree with Ron..The Enfield is a good bike, underrated in my opinion, and is worth persevering with. Personally I would rather have a CO than the Matchless which I don't rate very highly...There, that should wind a few people up ..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hey Ian, Mike already has a G3L, its was that what was struggling to keep up with the M20!

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1