Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tyres

I hestitate to open this topic again, as I am sure it has been done many times. I want a set of the Indian made Dunlop UniGrip, but a well known retailer tells me that they are not made of modern safe compounds!!! He wants to sell me the Dunlop K70 Universal which is a great tyre but not as close looking in my opinion to what should be on the old girl. So therefore, can anyone tell me whether that is rubbish or not, and if it is rubbish, where can I buy some of the Unigrips please? thx

email (option): andrew.honychurch@btinternet.com

Re: Tyres

I have these India made tyres on my bike and am using them for many miles and years. No problems at all. Peter Classic Bike Parts in Holland used to sell these tyres and might still do.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I bought mine from Peter's and am quite happy with them. I chose them based on the recommendation of a very high-mileage friend with a civilianised 16H who is out there in all weathers. I've followed him along flooded roads in driving rain and not noticed any problems.

That said, I chanced upon a mention on an Indian Classic motorcycle forum and they seemed not to like the Uni-Grips (which were fitted as OE to Enfields there at some time) saying that they skidded. Maybe the compounds have changed or maybe I don't try hard enough.

The Indian tyres don't have any 'E' markings on so I'm not sure about legality / MOTs etc.

The new 'Ensign' brand tyres imported by Vintage tyres look very good - almost identical to the more road-based WD tyres that were also used. I'm intending to give them a try next time. They're made in the Far East but the 'Made In' is hidden under the bead.

Hey Andrew, I use the Unigrips, went all through last winter on them with no problems. Draganfly stock them both 3.25 and 3.50 x19. They are actually made by Dunlop in India using the old universal molds. I order them for Drags directly from Dunlop India.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Any photo Mick....

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Well as always, a very comprehensive response, thanks Guys. I will check out the Ensign pattern and then the Draganfly website, if they have any photos. What do you guys think about the Dunlop K70?

Hey Henri, heres some I prepared earlier-
tryed2
tyred

Mick,
I searched through draganfly's site and found that you have these listed as "Dunlop universal" for £ 52,5 (3,25x19). Can you estimate postal cost to Greece?
Cheers,
Kostas

email (option): Ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Hi Kostas, shipping a pair to Greece is going to be around £70 (ouch)with Parcelforce. Will check out parcels to go and get back to you.
Cheers, mick.

hey andrew i also ride on unigrip tyres on both my bikes and had no problems
cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@homail.co.uk

Mick,

Those threads look great, price to the US when you get a chance? For a pair.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

sounds like i have a plan. Dragon fly here we come. Mine had 3.50 x 19 0n the rear and 3.25 x 19 in the front. Is that a standard set up guys?

I'm also looking at tyres and like Andrew, I have 325 on the front and a 350 rear. I've had a quick look at the Tech Info on this site and it appears to be standard - am I right?

I was looking at the Ensign until I spotted the Unigrips and not knowing much about either I'm after recommendations please. The tyres with the most votes will end-up on my M20...

email (option): lee@twowheelstested.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1