Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arm of Sign on front fender

Hi all
I am on to restoring an Ariel W/NG 350 1942 model that has been in my gagrage in boxes for 20+ Years.
When sanding down the front fender I did find some Arm og Sign (I think) but it is too poor to read the numbers on it, and I can not find any more information on this sign on the net. Can anyone here help me? It is black-white-black but not horisontal.. and the numbers is red.
Here is a picture of it...it is very poor due to taking it with my phone... and also a picture of how the bike looks today, I am tryfitting parts before painting them.
Chers
Rolf

BTW: I have a group on facebook named WD Motorcycles.. please feel free to join.

Having problems uploading pictures here, so check out this link... it is to the norwegian clubs forum..

http://forum-sof.motion-forum.net/t668-ariel-w-ng-350

%%bbCodeItem_1%%

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

%%bbCodeItem_2%%

%%bbCodeItem_3%%

email (option): rolf (a) hustegning.no

Re: Arm of Sign on front fender

Hi Rolf,

I'll join your FB group. That sounds very good!
Oops, it's not coming up when I copy and paste the name.

I just found a WD logbook for an Ariel! I wonder what the nummers are on your bike?

Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Rob

It seems that I have some problems with the FB group. But search for me, Rolf S. Ask and put me up as a friend, then I can put you up on the group... then you can delete me as freind if that suits you.
And that goes for the rest of you :)
My bike has serial number XG 31682 and is supposed to have WD number C4851932

Rolf

Hi Rolf..Arm of Service...A black square with a white diagonal indicated HQ troops above divisional level. An Army Group HQ had a white diagonal running from top right to bottom left...GHQ a diagonal running from top left to bottom right. The white bar was 'broken' for a unit number. HQ troops were the only ones to use a black background for Arm of Service markings..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hi Ian
Thanks for explaining. But it is not diagonal. It is a you say a black square but the white is vertical and is broader than the black stripes at each side. The lettering/numbers that I can not read, is approximately an inch to an inch and a half high. And it is three rows of lettering/numbers.
Trying to put out picture again since I found a tread stating it must be the html code that is put up...
Rolf

Nieuwe pagina 1