Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wanted: re wd/c speedo drive

I am workingon getting the front wheel together and on so the bike rolls. one thing completely missing is the speedo drive. which i need for spacing. anyone.have a.spare or suggestion on a temporary alternative? thanks

Jesse

email (option): v8zspeed@yahoo.com

Re: wanted: re wd/c speedo drive

I asked the same question a few days ago and never got a hoot or any reply.
Must be all storing them in Tin Boxes along with there biscuits.

Jan is probably the only regular visitor here with a full set of parts books but don't WD Enfields tend to use the right-angled drive boxes bolted through the brake plates ? They don't affect wheel spacing and can simply be blanked off if you're not concerned with legalities.

It would be worthwhile posting a photo of what's missing (or where it should go !) as it makes things simpler for the non marque experts - and they're often the ones with parts for sale.

Is it the right-angled type or the helical gear housing that you need ?

Hi Jesse

This is the one you need:

Photobucket

Looks as if Dave might have one: http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=16&msgid=1180707&cmd=show

The rotation is indeed important, as is the gear ratio. I'll send you a sketch tonight of what you need Jesse.

The little cog for the Enfields is unobtainable now, but I make a replica if you ever need one:

Photobucket

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Rik. i have no real clue what any of the missing parts look like. just that something is missing. i assumed it was the helical type as that is what i am used to. but i guess not. if i can find a picture i will postensibly that in the future.

Jan. thanks for the picture. makes more send now. right now i am not concerned with legality as its not on the road. but i will do. i will take you up on the gee offer. i will eventually be needing it and would be good to have on hand.
thanks Jesse

email (option): v8zspeed@yahoo.com

Re: wanted: re wd/c speedo drive for BSA WDM20

Had no reply from last post.
Final try!
Somebody must have the Smiths Speedo Drive or spares for it.
Mine is knackered worn out bevel worn out same as the worm drive.
Thought some of use might have one or spares?
Before i look else where?

Just a thought..maybe, with some of your recent posts, you have upset just those people who may have been able to help you out??
That would be unfortunate

Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

graemeyboy
Had no reply from last post.
Final try!
Somebody must have the Smiths Speedo Drive or spares for it.
Mine is knackered worn out bevel worn out same as the worm drive.
Thought some of use might have one or spares?
Before i look else where?

It's usually the internal parts that are worn out, so you'll not likely find one for spares, just a complete unit.
I've rebuilt some of the later style that are held together with a pressed retainer (machined a brass replacement that the ring gear can run on) as long as the gears are OK, but the M20 style is built differently.Haven't tried the same trick on them yet.
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

I found this one in my workshop. Is it from an M20?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jan

Hey Jan, judging by the size of the spindle hole, I'd say this is from a G3L, if so it works the other way round to the M20.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Jan post war Fleas had them, same side as an M20. Turn the locating dogs clockwise, the cable output should also turn clockwise for an M20. The spindle hole can be drilled bigger if required. I have a spare one exactly like it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,

Got it from another RE nut, so it will be a Flea unit...

Thanks for your help with the identification!

Cheers,
Jan

Jesse
Rik. i have no real clue what any of the missing parts look like. just that something is missing. i assumed it was the helical type as that is what i am used to. but i guess not. if i can find a picture i will postensibly that in the future.

Jesse, I know what it's like looking for unknown parts but at least I had the advantage that I'd been hanging around Nortons for twenty-five years before I had to turn half a 16H into a running one.

What I meant to say was that a photograph of the wheel and brakeplate that you have might help 'us' to tell which parts you don't have. Does that make sense ?

Nieuwe pagina 1