Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Smiths Speedo Drive Unit

Smiths Speedo Drive

Cant believe none of yous out there have a spare Smiths Speedo dive,or parts to rebuild the one i have.
Must be all locked up in safes! or tin biscuit boxes!with biscuits!
Or is it a snub for the boys up North?
Doesn't matter i will source one elsewhere!

Magpies!

Re: Smiths Speedo Drive Unit

I just had a look, as I've a few spare early style ones that I've bought over the years without particularly looking at them, but all the ones I have are the wrong rotation for an M20. If I had one I'd have happily sold it to you!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Have one that I am keeping for future uses. Is this the correct BSA part. It has a date from 1949 stock. Mil # is:

LV6/MTI/SM 52283
GEAR SPEEDOMETER
QTY 1

If you cannot locate anything else, I can try to find equivalent, but no promises. Pls send me an email:

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

graemeyboy
Smiths Speedo Drive

Cant believe none of yous out there have a spare Smiths Speedo dive,or parts to rebuild the one i have.
Must be all locked up in safes! or tin biscuit boxes!with biscuits!
Or is it a snub for the boys up North?
Doesn't matter i will source one elsewhere!

Magpies!

graemeyboy

Can't you weld your old speedo drive? This shouldn't be a problem for such an experienced welder like you are!

Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

A C11 or Bantam one will do the job. Just drill out centre hole to suit your axle.They turn the opposite direction to offside drives, so be careful when purchasing.As i've mentioned before it's a pity no-one is manufacturing just the small driven gear as that's all that usually wears out.

Nieuwe pagina 1