Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dynamo for sale

I have a very nice WD type dynamo for sale suitable for any Magdyno equipped military bike.
It is fully overhauled mechanically, electrically and cosmetically..ready to fit. Price is £175 plus shipping...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Dynamo for sale

Don't forget that Nortons go the other way !

Hi Rik, They can be set up to run either way by swapping the brush wires round...Ian

Ian Wright
Hi Rik, They can be set up to run either way by swapping the brush wires round...Ian

Ian, that's not entirely true, the fiber brush holder plate is different for the 2 directions of drive, and can be changed accordingly, to just switch the wires you lose something somewhere, or the brushes wear faster, cannot remember anymore

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Alex, It may be that the brush holders are slightly off center to position the brush in a 'trailing' position relative to direction of rotation and the centerline of the armature. I would have to check that out though..I'll let you know the answer...Having rewired them to run 'opposite' on numerous occassions however, I can't say I have noted any rapid brush wear and output is not affected. For those concerned about these things this is a BSA dynamo and is made (theoretically) for fitment to any machine that runs the dynamo in that direction.(anti clockwise viewed from the drive end).Ian

Don't forget as well chaps, that there is a a directional arrow on the body. How will the electrickery know which way to flow if the arrow is wrong ?

...almost as horrible as not having a correct wartime dated component.

The dynamo is now sold...I will have a fully refurbished WD BSA magneto for sale shortly if anyone needs one...price to be confirmed....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1