Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Motorcycling Training DVD

I have got together with Dave (Horror) from this site. We are producing the war time 'Army Motorcycling' and 'Vehicle Mastership' films on DVD. This is about 2 1/2 hours of B&W original footage in a twin DVD pack. All narrated by Chumley Warner. They are £15 plus post to wherever you are in the world. If you want one, please email me so we know what numbers to produce. I'll be away from the computer till monday 19th Sept. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Motorcycling Training DVD

Yes please Ron.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Count me in!
Kostas

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Yes Ron, I'll have a couple!!

Is the bit with "laying down the machine" in it too???
Not that I want to practise it too often

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Ron,

1 for me also please

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

I'll take at least ten at the moment. Can you give me a break on postage for that? I may have you send them to a UK address for that matter.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

I'd appreciate one also.

Thanks! Scott

Hi Ron

1 for me also please

Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Good men yourselves

I'll have one no problem

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Ron,

Count me in

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Hi Ron

One for me also... do you still have a toolbox for sale ??
Regards

Mike H

email (option): michael.stewart@homecall.co.uk

one for me ron, have a good weekend andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

HI RON
1 FOR ME ALSO PLEASE

THANK YOU SHIMON (USA)

email (option): shimon8563@gmail.com

hi,i've trained rugby teams,dogs,apprentices,girlfriends,barmaids,old tom cobbley an all,but never a motorcycle,better have one then ,cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

I'd like 1 of those please - to ship to the USA.
Thanks!

email (option): chris@classicbikebooks.com

Re: Motorcycling Training DVD Gift them where's your charity!

rick i see you havent got wife training in you CV as you know they train you my sister was talking to a friend about getting a new man she said she couldnt be bother it took long enough to train the one she already had

graemeyboy i think you should find out where the money is going as you know there has been a lot of donations to different good causes and they maybe a bit shocked as to how much this has taken off

Hi Ron,

Count me in for one please.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Of course I'm in for one!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

i will have one as well, jonb

graemeyboy, I don't know you but you've really p*ssed me off with your comment. Ron and I are just trying to up-date a couple of old films so people can still view them. We aren't the one's doing all the work to transfer and edit them, but I have seen the equipment involved and how long it has taken the bloke to do to get the best quality and it has been days and there is still another day to go before it's ready (I hope). I have been running around like a blue arsed fly putting all this together and suddenly we're all expected to do charity work..! I watch lots of people sell there products or services on this forum and that's fine because it's all things that people want and can't get anywhere else. They're making money and not expected to donate to charity, so what is your problem..?
You make me feel like saying F*ck IT why should I bother.
There's alway someone who has to spoil it for everyone else..!

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

Horror old chap, Graemey's a welder. He can knock up a machine in five minutes that will transfer VHS to DVD and if any bits aren't too clear, he'll re-do the stunts himself, with his eyes closed and one arm tied behind his back.

That said, I have originals of both these films and I'm more than a little fed-up that by distributing these, you two are substantially reducing the value of my investment....

Don't bite...don't bite.....

Nice one Rick!

McMillan Fund would be glad of any donation up here!

Horror
Ron and I are just trying to up-date a couple of old films so people can still view them.

Carry on good men - looking forward to the DVD. If its half as wonderful as the photo & documentation DVD Henk sells from this very site, it will be well worth every penny. Thanks for making the effort.

Rik Baby
You sound really envious of Graemyboy to me,dont you know that all us welders are superb craftsmen,and command the greatest of respect all over the world,the fact that we are Multi Skilled and talented,means that doing the stunts ourselves is easy-peasy.
So what is the investment that has substantially reduced in value ? After all there is a recession on.
One more thing these usb Video Grabber kits are available from Lidl's next week for £19.99,so go on and dae it yersell Rik baby,if you make some cash,please donate any funds to the Deaf peoples society thats my charity of choice.
kindest regards
Tommy

email (option): glesgaman@tiscali.co.uk

Tommy, I respect the ability to make things with one's hands but I despise meanness of spirit and I'm sorry to say it but in between mouthing off about how bloody good he is, your friend has displayed little else on this forum.

The fact is that despite having no idea of the costs involved in a professional transcription, Graemey is once again berating those who are making something available. Despite constantly saying that he could do better, he never does.

The mention of 'investment' was intended to be light-hearted. I give most things away and have only ever sold anything at a loss. The more people who have access to these things, the better.

Sadly, since a commercial tie-up some fifteen years ago, the holders of one copy of the original film reels who call themselves copyright holders (but almost certainly aren't) have not deigned to make the films available again.

These films were made with public money using 'Duration of Emergency' territorials as the subject and paying them only the standard daily rate (less barrack-room damages). They belong to all of us and should be available to those of us who at least still remember the sacrifice of those being trained in these films to be shot at for King and Country.

There is amazing detail in these films which won't be shown by a Lidl bargain (which incidentally will probably have been made by third-world child labour and sold on by persecuted shop assistants, paid below the minimum wage and with surveillance cameras in the staff toilets).

People are copying allsorts of unobtainable documents etc onto DVD. If we don't do it, the information will be lost. No one is producing these films on DVD so unless you're lucky enough to have a copy on video and still have your antique video player, you wont be able to see it. I wanted a copy myself and thought a couple of people might want it too. I'm overwhelmed with the response and glad I can help out for those that want a copy.

I suggest people who want one e-mail me directly with there name and postal address and we'll take it from there.

graemeyboy, I think Rik's sarcasm went straight over your head.
Tommy Further North, you're the chap who complained about Jan's racks he's making but you haven't made anything better yourself.

Why don't you try contributing in a positive way to this forum instead of putting down people's efforts..!

LOL Rik, you beat me to it while I was typing

Irrespective of the ususal rubbish i have seen again tonight from northern regions, I'm looking forward to getting my DVD,

Other than the fine efforts of Ron & dave, where can we expect to obtain & see these films, I have never knowingly come across these before

Thanks for organising for us, I have the big screen premiere booked already

Well done !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Few Turkeys flying about in here?

I'm in for one please. As long as it will play in Canada
Thanks, Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Vincent V.
As long as it will play in Canada
Thanks, Vincent

I'm just hoping the picture won't be upside down when my copy gets down to the Southern Hemisphere...

Good point Vince, I'm quite certain that the DVD will be in PAL format which is the standard used in the UK. It might be a good idea if the people overseas check to make sure there DVD player will play this. A computer should play it as well with a DVD drive and program. I will double check this is correct.

Incidentally, this is not a BSA video as someone that e-mailed me thought, it is an Army motorcycle training video. The main bike in it is a Norton 16H, there are shots of other bikes, and couple of Matchless's in the Vehicle Mastery film but that film is mainly about the correct way to drive.

I've e-mailed everyone that has left an address, Scott and IainB, you haven't left an e-mail address. Sorry if I have missed you please e-mail me. Thanks

ianb just turn your telly upside down problem solved

Ok I have been corrected, thanks Lex, PAL format is a VHS video thing and nothing to do with DVD. Just shows how behind the times I am.
I have just spoken to the bloke and they will play anywhere.

Horror
I've e-mailed everyone that has left an address, Scott and IainB, you haven't left an e-mail address. Sorry if I have missed you please e-mail me. Thanks

Email sent, i had sent an email direct to Ron so there may be one or two more hiding in his inbox since he is away for a couple of days?
Cheers
Iain

email (option): braunz@paradise.net.nz

Horror, I've emailed you directly. Thanks, Scot

Rik Baby
Your an Angel,what can I say,ya give thing off for free,but yer pal the "Horror" the guy is of a different calibre,say no more.Where does he get them "unobtainable documents"?
I quote:-

Where People are copying allsorts of unobtainable documents etc onto DVD. If we don't do it, the information will be lost. No one is producing these films on DVD so unless you're lucky enough to have a copy on video and still have your antique video player, you wont be able to see it. I wanted a copy myself and thought a couple of people might want it too. I'm overwhelmed with the response and glad I can help out for those that want a copy.

He does it for M-O-N-E-Y !!!!

email (option): glesgaman@tiscali.co.uk

Tommy, I do believe you’re a bit jealous..! Don’t they pay apprentice welders very much up North..?

I think you’re misunderstanding what’s going on here..! You see, we HAVE got an unobtainable archive, and we HAVE put it onto DVD..! That’s why people are paying to get 1. If you look on this website you will see that Henk does a good DVD of pictures and unobtainable documents. Is this a new concept for you..?
As for making money, I have no problem with that..! And one day I might make some.

Myself and everybody else on the forum can’t wait to see what you’re going to make that everybody wants. I’m sure with your skills you can make us all pannier racks or even a new M20 frame..? Of course with your generous nature you’ll be giving them away. I look forward to receiving mine.

Next time you hear from Ron and I, we’ll be on the beach in the Bahamas

Payment sent for mine. I have no problem paying for the work and effort involved in producing and making this available to us. I recently bought a DVD off e-Bay on the M20, now that was a waste of money. I was expecting something new, but in fact it was the same info (original manual) that is on Henk's DVD, and a reprint of Russell Motors price list ! (not a parts manual as listed)
It did however come with a printed and bound copy of the manual I can take to the shop, or office (hard to hold a computer on your lap on the toilet)
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

OK chaps, I've been at Goodwood for five days and just seen all these messages. Situation normal I see! Rudeness from the Scotch twats! The costs envolved are for the professional copying, the twin pack sleeves and something towards Dave's fuel.
We'll catch up with things over the next couple of days and get back to everyone who has been in contact.

Ron

Ron - off the topic, but did you see any scramblers @ Goodwood? There was to be a parade each day of various men from the "golden age" of scrambling. Wondered if you'd snapped any photos.

And - thanks for making the DVD version of the training films available. Otherwise so many of us around the world would never have the pleasure of seeing them.

Yes Chris I did see the parade of scramblers, Sammy Miller was present. But I didn't take pictures. I'm sure there will be stuff on the internet though.

Ron

jonb. Can you let us have an email address?

Ron

I don't think Graemyboy and Tommy have forgiven us yet for chopping Mel Gibsons head off.. ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Now, I'm no political expert, but I didn't realise that Scottish devolution was quite so radical - does everyone north on the wall work for charitable causes, free from the problems of actually buying stuff 'coz it's available for nowt? I'd certainy feel better doing the 9 to 5 if I knew 100% of it was helping to build a new hospital wing.
I'm happily putting my hand in my pocket for one of the DVD's as it's stuff that I otherwise won't get to see and it'll cost me less than going to the cinema - parking in fast-food-infested car parks and listening to someone eat popcorn behind with their mouth open - the manners of some people!
The DVD money will go to people with a similar interest and who knows, some of it may well end up being spent on their M20's, unlike today's film-makers who may just spend the money on installing another swimming pool in the kitchen. Most probably.

I also logged Tommy's comments on Jan's rack and the only reason I didn't reply then was Jan's gentlemanly response to it all. But, I bought a rack and I'm over the moon with it and what's more, Jan seems like a decent fella. I also bought Henk's dvd and I'm pleased with that purchase as well.

I fear that a couple of forum members are less than happy and I can only suggest a trip down-south for a group hug and a frothy cup of mocha-chino in the pursuit of happiness. Ps, you have to pay in the coffee shops down here, but don't fret, it's on me......

Ill take one as well please Ron

email (option): ford369@ntlworld.com

Re: Motorcycling Training DVD for a good cause

Still think you should part contribute to a charity.
You have a lot of interest in the CDs more you burn and copy the cheaper it is.
Probably sell more as well out within the forum with a Charity Backer sponsor in Motor Cycle shows events, Rally's and Functions etc part donating to a charity our forces "Help the Heroes" as an example via the Royal British Legion for Bikers.,,get yourself on the map!
A chance for a bigger audience as a lot of us people never get to see this but would like to own!
I would buy one then!

Ron,

I'll take one of those DVD's

Alistair

email (option): alistair@jimpeet.co.uk

Dear Ron, one also for me !!! Thanks VD

email (option): vadori@libero.it

You can count me in on the training DVD

Thanks