Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hinged rear fender (mudguard)

Looking at a basket case M20 and from pics I see it has a hinged rear mudguard- would that be pre- or post war? I am only familiar with the bolt-on type for the M20, though my plunger A7 has a hinged 'guard.
Hmmm.
Vincent

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Re: Hinged rear fender (mudguard)

Who cares? If the bike is decent, and the price right....... Just buy it!

I think the hinged is postwar.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Vince..The hinged back mudguard is from a plunger M20/21/33..Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

I'm looking at this one from the perspective of somebody who wants a military WW2 M20 model, this one has a non-cutout tank, hinged rear mudguard, sidecar lugs on frame and later type- rubber footpegs, and an unreadable frame number.. All adding up to a post-war bike and he already has a 1946, just because it's green doesn't make it a military era bike.

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Was reading Munroe's book on 36/39 BSAs and he speaks of an hinged rear guard on those early BSAs. Leon may confirm it. I have several of these, but they also show up on the '55 BM20 that I put together recently. Poor job at that and not proud of it.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Headlamp and fuel tank not correct but as received. I think the fuel tank is from a B31 OHV and I don't know what would the correct headlamp ID # be. Hey Rik, I connected the Mag.....

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Terry...Frederik in Belgium does a very nice rear replica mudguard for the WDM20 at reasonable money..with the correct 'drop off' back section...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Henri: How did you get your better half to let you keep the bike on the persian rug in the living room?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

John, it was easier to put the rug in the garage. Too big for the house is the excuse. But tough to find a part when it falls on it.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hi Vince
I to are looking for a rear guard for 1945 WD M20. My guard has got vanaced side panels and i would like to retain this type of guard. I was going to post a pic but don't know how to do this. Can you tell me how to post a pic to the forum?
Do you have a contact for Terry Frederick in Belgium?
Cheers
Phil
NZ

email (option): wpgarage@xtra.co.nz

Nieuwe pagina 1