Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucas RC 330 Sidecar light

Early WD Norton Big4 sidecars appear to have been fitted with the long Lucas sidelight similar to the MT1130 tail lamp fitted to BSAs in 1940.

Later WD Norton Big4s used the Lucas RC330.

This is from the Big4 maintenance manual 101/NC2

Photobucket

This from Big4 contract C7576. List of proprietary equipment.

Photobucket

And from Lucas maintenance instructions for motor cycles supplied to H.M.Forces.

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Lucas RC 330 Sidecar light

Here are the two I bought at Beaulieu, both are brass bodied, one has the Lucas seal the other doesn't, but which is correct for a 1941 Norton Big4?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Rob I have seen these identacle lamps by different makers. I have seen them with the WIPAC medalion and another make that I can't remember. Also without a logo like your black one. Since Norton used LUCAS. That is what I used. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Rob, even my pictures don't enlarge that much! here's one that shows that a medallion was used, and since P&H was taken over by Lucas in the late 30's it will probably have been a Lucas one, but nothing's certain!

Have other pictures that seem to show nothing on top of the lamp.

Ron, never seen one with a Wipac make though?? did that already exist back then??

Then there's the thing that occured to me, Always thought that the rib on the mudguard went with the early Lucas lamp, but it did not! only a little later, have to pin it down to a contract one of these days!!

Saw a pair of these (P&H) lamps for sale at Beaulieu, but for 180 pounds a set, I left them for someone more fortunate

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Lex's picture obviously does show the medalion, but I suspect that the unbadged light is also made by Lucas and could be later?

Well I could be mistaken about the Wipac thing? I have had four of those lamps during the last few years. Two had medalions from other makers, one was plain and the other was from the Prince of darkness himself Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Firstly tnx for opening this forum, I have a 36 and 47 model 16H, one with a sidecar. I asked a German spares trader if he had any sidecar light, and what I got without being aware of was a brass and a black light just as shown on the pictures. I will take pictures once back in the workshop

email (option): lorenz@niveko.com

other possibilities are Miller, occasionally found on some WD bikes and Powell and Hanmer, P&H

Nieuwe pagina 1