Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Netley Marsh

I enjoyed my couple of days at Netley Marsh Jumble..Met up with a few 'old faces' and also a couple of forum contributors I haven't met before.
Netley was a bit less busy than normal..perhaps the effects of the recession?
However, I managed to sell some stuff and picked up some nice NOS M20 items and some good used parts along with 'consumables' such as stainless fasteners etc.
Generally though, I would say parts were thinner on the ground than usual.
I discovered that the value of a 16H Norton barrel is 'zero' unless in perfect condition..I had one with the valves and inlet stub still fitted and apart from a small piece broken out of the top fin in fair condition..one chap refused it for £5 and Rik turned it down as a gift...I eventually managed to give it away to a Canadian. That was a relief as I was beginning to think I would have to pay someone to take it off my hands! ...bloody Nortons... ..Also got a 'sniff' on another WB30 'basket case' that has turned up...watch this space...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Re: Netley Marsh

it was a good day apart from the rain and my 3yr old twin sons moaning, it was hard pushing a twin pram up those hills, really i was hoping to kick them out of the pram and fill it with parts.
i got a few wm20 parts, i did not get as many parts as i wanted to as i didnt see much wm20 parts around.
i think my best find was a rep lucas du142 8" headlamp
so all turned out good, the list is getting shorter.
kempton park next week end:)

thanks barry

email (option): mrsbfuller@hotmail.co.uk

hi,jenny and myself made the 260 miles without a hitch,booked in ,pitched up,went to a superb chippy for a bite ,then for a few jars at the white lion .good atmosphere,pleanty of biker sorts,ringwood 1849 at£2.10 a pint,if you remembered to ask for it by name.friday already in, proceded to mooch before half the sellers were out of the pit.personally i thought it all a bit blown out of proportion.far less than expected in respect of the advertised''previously 3000 pitches''managed a few bits and bobs ,nowt to shout about,give it up at 6.00 pm.woke at 10.00 to a hell of a racket,had a walk to the source and found a good sized crowd around the onsite bar,with a fairly decent rock band giving it hell for leather,pretty good too.met john o'brian (what a nice guy) clocked henk and leon from photos on the site,slim john pitched next door,and this morning met ian another nice guy.decided i'd had enough and clocked out,went to visit a biker of repute mr t e lawrence (of arabia) at his residence but he was out so we called at his resting place,what a guy.round trip 608 miles,not a bad experience,but not again.cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

Ian Wright

I discovered that the value of a 16H Norton barrel is 'zero'...Ian

Thats the trouble with them there Norton's, so well made that they never wear out.

With only 8 16Hs on the 65 for 65 Tour, out of 144 bikes, I think it's more a case of 'not used enough to wear them out'.. ..You lot had better try harder for the 70th.... ....Ian

Netley was good fun, and really nice to meet up with so many friends from the WD motorcycle world, and of course a few great bargains

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hi Rob..Remind me when I see you I owe you £10..I sold one of your 'Bore Tag' plates but forgot to give you the money.. ...How was Beaulieu?...Ian

Beaulieu was as incredible as ever, I spent 6 hours trudging past thousands of stalls and fighting my way into the most interesting ones.

And I came away with two sidecar lights for the Norton Big4 (one of which is correct?) various odds and ends and lots of nice early bicycle parts.

Here is my haul from the 2 jumbles, plus a good 8 inch headlamp rim. Rob.

Photobucket

Good to see you at last Ian
Saturday was not the best day to go, as everyone was packing up at 1pm, I should have gone on Friday instead. I also missed Rik and Ron etc
I bought a cheap 750 Commando head as I was walking up the hill, but I didn't even get chance to have a look around before people had packed up

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

I could a pair of those grips!

And that steering head bracket that keeps the know from turning loose.

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

It was indeed nice to see you all there!

No "big finds" for me this year, but I did find a lot of small bits, some that I needed, some that were to good to miss...

@ John O'B: I give you a 10/10 for your excellent brew of tea! =

Cheers,
Jan

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Hi Jan..Thanks for delivering the brass pannier carrier wing nuts...I was very pleased with those...Ian

It was my first Netley Marsh and good to meet Ian and put a name to a face. I looked high and low for any matchless stuff and picked up a complete reconditioned G3L engine and chain cases, not though they are needed as the matchie is so reliable
Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Nice to see you all again. Cheers for the tea, Mr. O'B.

I bought a couple of NOS bits that were too good to miss, lever pivot screws and WD16H bars, and managed to exchange the valves that I bought at Kempton from the French chap and which turned out to be incorrect.

I thought that Ian was joking when he said I could have the barrel. I think that I'm becoming too cynical in my old age. I don't really need it though so if it's gone to a good home then that's a better thing.

There seemed to be less useable engine parts this year and I saw at least three ohv girder Nortons at Netley and Beaulieu which featured WD16H frames. One was marked 'Sold' and I heard a figure of £7000 mentioned which is scary money for a WD based bitsa with some dubious bodges.

At Beaulieu I found NOS tappets and screw-in guides which I was looking for in case my valve / guide problem requires more complete replacement and also an NOS 16H fork spring 'just in case' - both from German seller.

Going with a shopping list is becoming harder and harder but the odd bargains are around.

Had a great weekend at netley followed by the amazing beaulieu auto jumble

Met lots of forum peeps which is always a bonus, bought & sold at the same time

Stuff is surely getting scarcer but am happy with my nos mag pinion & Lucas contact breaker assembly this weekend

Good wood revival & kempton park this weekend, busy busy !!

Job

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi John, that was an excellent cup of "Barrys" Irish Tea, many tanks, Rob.

Nieuwe pagina 1