Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedo Identification Plate?

Can anyone identify the second number stamped on the brass plate on this speedo?

The 'S434 - 10 - 41' is clear enough but stamped above that (upside down) is '444608'.

Is this possibly from another marque and is actually incorrect for a WM20?

Obviously not going to cure world hunger but in the endless search to find those rivets to count........

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Re: Speedo Identification Plate?

Ray, all the WD speedo's are interchangeable between makes. There are the period differences of course.
I just took a look under some of my speedo's with a mirror and torch. I have two with those plates. One is painted so can't read it. The other one is plated and has the same set of big numbers as yours but is dated 1-38. The second set of small numbers are below the date number and are different to yours.
I also think the little sectioned circle on the speedo base is some sort of WD date code?
I also have a NOS WD speedo that is probably late or Post war. I took it from it's original brown paper wrapping. It has no plate or circle. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

is that little circle a date stamp like you find on some cast or plastic items

If you look closey, there should be a punch mark or something in the appropiate month- year.

Nieuwe pagina 1