Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oil feed pipe

Hi Guys
The oil feed pipe 66-698 how do you remove and how to fit, (Dose it have o'ring to seal onto crankshaft if not what and how dose it seal, The timing casings i have all show wear, were the crank has been rubbing on the outer timing cover, And can anyone tell me were i can buy all the studs /spacers required to put engine and g/box into frame
Mark

email (option): markbrob1@hotmail.com

Re: oil feed pipe

hi mark,russell motors have a download pdf with practicly every nut bolt washer listed, however you will need a parts list first to identify each you need by its bsa part number,you cannot phone them you can e-mail,or fax,each part has a price with it which may or not be up to date,ive not bought from them yet.you can print the list but it runs to about 26 pages,its pretty comprehensive,each item listed with quantity required,hope this helps cheers rick

email (option): richardholt@rocketmail.com

cheers rick
but do you know how the oil feed pipe is retained and sealed

email (option): markbro1@hotmail.com

mark, the oil feed quill is a press fit into the timing cover and can be difficult to remove without damaging it, try placing the cover in boiling water to heat it and it may come out easier.
The quill protrudes into the crankshaft with no seal, the centrifugal force of the crank halves draws the oil to the big end, I'm sure some oil would seep back out the crank shaft but only to be collected in the bottom of the engine.
As to the wear on the inside of your timing cover perhaps the timing side crank nut has come loose at some stage.

cheers matty

email (option): markbro1@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1